Cleveland Browns vs Cincy Bengals: Official Gameday Post Vol. Win & we in...

Posted: 12/18/2007

Quick Take: Browns (9-5) at Bengals (5-9)

NFL.com

Last meeting
In Week 2, the Browns defeated the Bengals 51-45 in one of the wildest games of the season. QB Charlie Frye, the Week 1 starter, was traded to Seattle and Derek Anderson was promoted to starting quarterback. Anderson responded with five touchdown passes, including two each to Braylon Edwards and Joe Jurevicius.

Streaks
The Bengals have won six of the past nine contests. The winner of Sunday's game will break a 34-34 deadlock in the overall series.
[table][tr][td]
j_cribbs_071202_IA.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Trotman / Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kick returner Joshua Cribbs was one of two Browns to make the Pro Bowl.

» Watch Cribbs highlights[/td] [/tr][/table]
Last week
The Browns bested the Bills 8-0 in a blizzard to pull even with the Steelers atop the AFC North. Phil Dawson hit two field goals through a swirling wind, including a 49-yarder. Cincinnati fell to the 49ers 20-13 on Saturday night. The Bengals, who could not get into a rhythm offensively, are assured a losing season for the first time under coach Marvin Lewis.

At stake
The Browns now sit atop the AFC North with the Steelers, although Pittsburgh would win a head-to-head tiebreaker. The Browns are still in excellent shape to collect one of the wild-card spots if Pittsburgh doesn't falter. The Bengals are wrapping up a disappointing season and have already been eliminated from the playoffs, but don't underestimate the team's desire to avenge the early-season loss to their division rivals. Click here for the complete playoff picture.

Key matchup
Browns WR Braylon Edwards vs. Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The last time these two teams met they combined for 96 points, so don't expect many defensive stops. Both wideouts punched tickets to Hawaii this week but only Edwards has a shot at playing the week before. The Browns wideout has 13 touchdown receptions in 2007, a single-season franchise record he shares with Gary Collins. Houshmandzadeh, meanwhile, leads the league with 101 catches and has hauled in four TD receptions in the past three games vs. the Browns.

Did you know?
Browns CB Leigh Bodden has three interceptions vs. Cincinnati, the most vs. any opponent. ... First-round pick CB Leon Hall (No. 18 overall) is tied for first among NFL rookies with four interceptions.

LETS GET IT BROWNS!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jamal goin for 150+ today.

Everyone stay healthy....
prayer_home.jpg

Yeah Jamal is going to pound the ground.

Do you know if it is going to Snow? Or weather will be a factor, becuase if not then it could turn out like last time.

When does the game start? It says 1pm on NFL.com but I can't find it.

Does it actually start at 2?

^^^ Its already on. DA threw two picks in his last two attempt sleading to a Kenny watson rush td and houshaslkdkj catch td.

ITs about to go into halftime Cin 19 Cle 0

happy.gif

Dont blow it cincy.

Wow, Cleveland looks out of sync and Derek looks terrible right now. Kinda reminds me of why Ben is at the Pro Bowl and he isn't. Anderson isn't quiteat that level yet....close though

this is crap.

I JUST realized that I need the browns to win, eventhough I'm trying to get tennessee into the playoffs.

I think baltimore has a better chance of beating pittsburgh than the 49ers have a chance at beating the browns...

Cleveland winning would mean jacksonville could still lose today(unlikely) and next week and tennessee get in.

Eventhough I'm a bengals fan(home team), the browns losing means pittsburgh automatically get the division and jacksonville gets in, meaning the brownswould HAVE to lose to the 49ers next week.....

this is bittersweet.

go bengals, browns, titans and raiders.

That would be classic Bengals right there. Cleveland still gotta go down the field. This game has been so sloppy

yessir ... now we need a titans win and we are one step closer to the browns not making the playoffs and the draft pick being higher!

Terrible game by Anderson. Terrible decisions. Bengals didn't look good either, but did play well enough to at least hold on. Another division title, ehput it in the books, Steelers are about Super Bowls...

If Tenn wins, what is the playoff situation for Cleveland? Who has the tiebreaker between them?

This is how DA's season is going to finish, imo. The Browns win next week with DA doing reasonably well and throwing 2 td passes. Opening round of theplayoffs he gets roughed up and throws 3 picks, the Browns lose by 2 td's, at least.

Going into the off-season there is growing doubt about DA's skills. Since the scouting report came out teams had taken away his long ball and he playedaverage to poor for the last 6-7 games. People will question whether he can get any better and if the O-Line made him look good.

Can Brady do better with this offense? I think he will be the starting QB 2008 opener.

Just got thawed out from being at the game today. Good times. I thought it was funny that everyone walking out seemed to be uniting over one fact: No one likesthe Steelers.

Titans win out and they are in the playoffs. Todays game is the big one against the jets. The tie breaker would come down to winning percentage against commonopponents. Titans with win against Jets would be 4-1. The Browns fell to 3-2 today with the loss.

Common Opponents
Oakland
Houston
Jets
Cincy

If the Titans lose today, then the Browns clinch a wildcard spot due to AFC record.

Back
Top Bottom