Chuck is preachin right now!

I been saying this for years, just because you have alot of steals doesnt make you a good defender, you play the passing lanes, take chances for the steal.Also, he was saying that AI and Melo are one-dimensional players who can only score, so Ernie brings up the fact that AI is 10th in the league in assists,Chuck goes on to say that since AI dominates the ball so much and gets double or tripled and has to pass the ball off, in contrast to Steve Nash who passes forother players to score. Chuck is that dude, was going off on Ernie.

Thoughts?

That Charles AND Kenny who co-signed on the A.I. point is right.

Of course its true.

I always feel bad for that one dude who doesnt have any idea what he is talking about and you just know he bases everything off of stats. And then they put himwith two people who actually played and everything he says they just look at him like%$@% are you talking about or they totally ignore him.
laugh.gif

Rich Eisen gets that same treatment on NFL network
laugh.gif

I thought everybody knew this? A better question is why on earth is Kobe is getting on any All-Defensive team let alone 1st team.

i think they tell ernie to just stir up charles barkley with some outrageous comment. that way people will watch since everyone loves charles!

Melo maybe the hardest player to defend offensively, but he has NO defense.

30ft from the ball, and against Sasha! of all people.� You can call it frustration if you like, but the whole game or his whole career, he struggles to stay infront of his opponent.� Matador defense made popular by Smush Parker.� Melos raja defense....

Sasha is a baby.
laugh.gif

But yeah, Chuck was totally right. Those who cant wrap their head around the fact that AI is ball dominant, and not really a distributor, doesnt reallyunderstand the game. Chuck definately was on point with that, as well as the comments about D.
pimp.gif

There's on-the-ball defense and off-the-ball defense, in which case AI is a good off-the-ball defender.

As for being one-dimensional, AI is a pass first point, when he plays the point position. He's a true 2-guard, if anything. So it would make sense that hewould be ball-dominant if his role on the team is to score points. There are players in the league who would rather take a turnover than dish the ball off.Give AI some credit.

Besides, there aren't many true points in the league.

I thought everybody knew this? A better question is why on earth is Kobe is getting on any All-Defensive team let alone 1st team.
No Kobe ryrder but dude is great on defense

Whoa, easy now... He's definitely a GOAT. Not THE GOAT though.

Showing why tonight. 30 points, 6 steals, 10 assists so far.

It's like he heard Charles or something cuz most of his passes have been set-up assists. Not the "bail-out" type that Charles claimed he wasgetting.

I think 24's defense this year stands out more than in previous years.

Because I thought in the past, his effort was better than his actual D.

Meaning, he wasn't really as good as people said he was. But his all-out effort made it appear as if he was really better than he showed.

Steve Nash passing the ball > AI passing
but AI is still a great at finding scorers, so I don't agree with you guys.

Because Barkley says something, that means it flies?? If you have to bring up reasons why this player does great in other stats then he is not one-dimensional."Oh he's great at steals b/c he plays the passing lane a lot and gambles." That is a talent Chuck... He's not very good on the ball, but offthe ball, players need to watch where they are passing...
You name me a superstar that doesn't dominate the ball at the guard position.. Lebron dominates the ball.. T Mac dominates the ball.. Nash dominates theball.. Kobe dominates the ball.. Those that dominate the ball are known to have high assists.. But, in no way are either 4 of those players One-dimensional..If you actually believe a guy can average a career 7 assists a year by bail outs alone you are crazy haha.. Not to mention his shot selections are way downthan his years at Philly..

You put anyone on Philly and see if they don't pull a Iverson and dominate the ball.. Andre Miller *A Pass first PG* is doing the exact thing right now..But, Iverson is different on Denver.. If you do not notice then you aren't watching basketball.. I will agree though and say Carmelo is definitelyone-dimensional.. How can Iverson and Melo be put in the same categories in style of play??? All Melo does is shoot and travel..

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Because Barkley says something, that means it flies?? If you have to bring up reasons why this player does great in other stats then he is not one-dimensional. "Oh he's great at steals b/c he plays the passing lane a lot and gambles." That is a talent Chuck... He's not very good on the ball, but off the ball, players need to watch where they are passing...
You name me a superstar that doesn't dominate the ball at the guard position.. Lebron dominates the ball.. T Mac dominates the ball.. Nash dominates the ball.. Kobe dominates the ball.. Those that dominate the ball are known to have high assists.. But, in no way are either 4 of those players One-dimensional.. If you actually believe a guy can average a career 7 assists a year by bail outs alone you are crazy haha.. Not to mention his shot selections are way down than his years at Philly..

You put anyone on Philly and see if they don't pull a Iverson and dominate the ball.. Andre Miller *A Pass first PG* is doing the exact thing right now.. But, Iverson is different on Denver.. If you do not notice then you aren't watching basketball.. I will agree though and say Carmelo is definitely one-dimensional.. How can Iverson and Melo be put in the same categories in style of play??? All Melo does is shoot and travel..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chuck goes on to say that since AI dominates the ball so much and gets double or tripled and has to pass the ball off, in contrast to Steve Nash who passes for other players to score
I always thought that Nash was also guilty of dominating the ball a little too much.

All Melo does is shoot and travel..

whoa.... what?

laugh.gif

i guess all those dunks and scores in the paint dont ever mean anything....

25 PPG, and all he does is travel and shoot.... mhmm

5th in the leauge in scoring, and all he does is shoot and travel

??

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Because Barkley says something, that means it flies?? If you have to bring up reasons why this player does great in other stats then he is not one-dimensional. "Oh he's great at steals b/c he plays the passing lane a lot and gambles." That is a talent Chuck... He's not very good on the ball, but off the ball, players need to watch where they are passing...
You name me a superstar that doesn't dominate the ball at the guard position.. Lebron dominates the ball.. T Mac dominates the ball.. Nash dominates the ball.. Kobe dominates the ball.. Those that dominate the ball are known to have high assists.. But, in no way are either 4 of those players One-dimensional.. If you actually believe a guy can average a career 7 assists a year by bail outs alone you are crazy haha.. Not to mention his shot selections are way down than his years at Philly..

You put anyone on Philly and see if they don't pull a Iverson and dominate the ball.. Andre Miller *A Pass first PG* is doing the exact thing right now.. But, Iverson is different on Denver.. If you do not notice then you aren't watching basketball.. I will agree though and say Carmelo is definitely one-dimensional.. How can Iverson and Melo be put in the same categories in style of play??? All Melo does is shoot and travel..
eek.gif

[Red & Meth] Get 'em! [/Red & Meth]

pimp.gif

Stuff it Chuck!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

All Melo does is shoot and travel..

whoa.... what?

laugh.gif

i guess all those dunks and scores in the paint dont ever mean anything....

25 PPG, and all he does is travel and shoot.... mhmm

5th in the leauge in scoring, and all he does is shoot and travel

??

obviously I was joking about the travelling.. But, what you failed to mention was that I all meant to say that Carmelo only scores.. Nothing else..Doesn't rebound, can't play defense, can't play help defense, not a leader.. Just scores He's darn good at what he does.. But he defines aone-dimensional player.. And you helped proved what I was saying.. 25 ppg and nothing else ..

Back
Top Bottom