Christians: What do you think Jesus looked like?

Or

As a non-white Christian, I am growing increasingly ticked off at the over-representation of Caucasian in the Christian faith. Everything is depicted as being of White or with blonde hair and blue eyes. From angels, to Jesus, you name the biblical figure and you can bet that they are represented as being White. I am not 100% hip on the geographic locations represented in the bible but I wonder if the people from these regions were as White as ancient artists and modern day painters depict them to be. There is definitely a hidden agenda by promoting the people from one of the world's holiest book as being White with blonde hair and blue eyes. It reminds me of a similar school of thought in history where this appearance was (and still is) promoted as superior where those at the other end of the spectrum are inferior.

Last edited:
Dark skinned with hair like wool. Which people with African heritage tend to have
I've heard this being said before which is the basis for the Black Jesus image. Do you know where in the bible I can find this description?

odd_ecce_homo_1.jpg

Dark skinned with hair like wool. Which people with African heritage tend to have

I've heard this being said before which is the basis for the Black Jesus image. Do you know where in the bible I can find this description?
Don't know where exactly and I'm not positive it says dark skinned but I know it says something about hair like wool. And if u know black people we got some nappy hair that resembles wool when not brushed.

But honestly it doesn't matter what he looks like in the bible it says be died for our sins. Regardless of color race religion sex or sexual orientation he died for everyone's sins. Which lets me know that to him something as trivial as skin color is moot to him. It doesn't matter what color he is because I know his heart and love for everyone is universal.

I'd assume he'd just look Arab

But honestly it doesn't matter what he looks like in the bible it says be died for our sins. Regardless of color race religion sex or sexual orientation he died for everyone's sins. Which lets me know that to him something as trivial as skin color is moot to him. It doesn't matter what color he is because I know his heart and love for everyone is universal.
Bruh, just answer the question

I'd assume he'd just look Arab

Bruh, just answer the question

Like I said in my OP. It matters to me because there is a hidden agenda in promoting him as being of fair white skin with blond hair and blue eyes. I want to know what color you see him as in your head ? Do you see him as white with blue eyes or of a more darker appearance? It's probably the former due to the over-saturation of this depiction in art and literature.

You have to take into account that after the Dark Ages in europe, the picture and image production business was one of their top priorities. Most painters were commissioned by rich or elite people to depict them in holy form. Also a lot of painters used themselves and close family members or even strangers as models. Making for an over saturation of the european phenotype as christ or christ-like.

So when u look at pictures of "jesus" you are more than likely looking at the face of a ruthless conqueror or land-lord who probaly participated in things usually not associated with "christ"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom