CAR FEATURE>> MUSTANG RTR: UPDATE PG.3

sick.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif
THIS is what a proper Stang is supposed to be. Muchrespect to JR for putting this together and making it happen. Amazing. This is another car I would cheat on Nissan with. That colour too... mmm.

T9S3444.jpg

Like a proud father, I am very happy to introduce a new generation of the Ford Mustang - the Mustang RTR.

T9S3456.jpg

I have dreamt this vision in my head for years; unfortunately, it has taken so much time for me to find the right people to help take the vision from my head to paper, then to the actual prototype phase that you see here. It sounds a lot easier then it really is - trust me!

T9S3419.jpg

I fell in love with the Mustang in late 2004 and, as most of you know, we have been inseparable since.

T9S3449.jpg

The Ford Mustang is the number one most customized car ever. With that being said, one thing I have noticed over the years in the Mustang community is that most of the aftermarket styling is heritage-based and very few dare to sway from the traditional aftermarket styling points when personalizing his or her Mustang.

T9S3428.jpg

There is no question Mustang's performance, quality and looks are evolving from the factory, but for some reason the aftermarket styling has not progressed for the most part with regards to ascetics. Don't get me wrong, I have huge respect for anyone that personalizes their car in any way, but I just wanted to get a new generation of Mustang out there that shakes it up a bit. Something a little more modern with design influences that I know the majority of my generation can relate to, something that might open up some new eyes to Mustang.

T9S3518.jpg

My goal was to introduce something that appeal's to not only my generation, but to car enthusiasts as a whole, as well as any traditional Mustang enthusiasts of any generation.

T9S3524.jpg

It is a design most anyone should be able to appreciate immediately and see themselves behind the wheel of - whether they are trashing a set of tires, blasting a straight, carving some turns, linking a section on the drift circuit, or simply just cruising along with your better half.

T9S3557.jpg

I feel I have successfully made my dream a reality with the Mustang RTR.

T9S3528.jpg

The Mustang RTR package consists of the following "eye candy":

Front chin spoiler with splitter
Side splitters
Rear diffuser
Aluminum rear spoiler
Reflective vinyl kit
RTR exterior and interior badges
RTR shift knob
RTR floor mats
Aggressive fitting RTR 19x9.5 wheels

T9S3464.jpg

All of the body parts aside from the spoiler are OEM quality ABS plastic created by Classic Design Concepts in Michigan - no fiberglass here!

T9S3511.jpg

Performance parts include:

Falken FK452 Performance Tires
Ford racing shocks and 1.5" lowering springs
Upgraded rear sway bar
Cross drilled and slotted rotors
+9 HP by way of a special Ford Racing tune and K&N Air Filter
Extremely throaty mufflers (legal in all states of course)

T9S3439.jpg

The Mustang RTR is a post-title dealer-installed package that will be available in multiple color combinations at select Ford dealerships nationwide starting in February of 2010. We have started out with only the GT package; however, a V6 version will be announced in the near future.

T9S3566.jpg

At this point, the RTR package for the GT is estimated to retail at around $7800 installed on top of the cost Mustang that you spec out from the dealer. I have not decided whether or not to limit the production just yet. Everything shown here are all prototype parts and everything I have mentioned could possibly change slightly, but all in all, most everything is finalized and Ready to Rock!

P7210029%20copy.jpg

The refelective vinyl scheme shot with no flash on the left and with flash on the right.

rtrdesert01.jpg

The first production Mustang RTR will be at the K&N Filters booth (# 22443) during the SEMA Show. Make sure you stop by and check it out! For more info, check out www.MustangRTR.com.

- Vaughn Gittin Jr.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
www.MustangRTR.com. /http://speedhunters.com/archive/200...ustang-rtr-and-a-sneak-peak-at-the-rtr-c.aspx

As if that wasn't enough, here's the RTR-C version.

mondayedit.jpg

Here is the sneak peak I promised you all. This is the first-ever public picture of the extremely limited production Mustang RTR-C, the halo of the RTR brand. It is a one-hundred percent dry carbon Mustang for the street, which features in-car adjustable shocks, 550 horsepower, and carbon fiber HRE wheels. Only ten of these cars will be made. The car will first be seen at the SEMA Show this year where it will be on display at the Ford booth all week. I will do a feature on the car here on Speedhunters in the near future!

As always, I appreciate all of your comments... so fire away! For more info, check out www.MustangRTR.com. Thanks for the support!

- Vaughn Gittin Jr.

"It is a one-hundred percent dry carbon Mustang for the street, which features in-caradjustable shocks, 550 horsepower, and carbon fiber HRE wheels."

laugh.gif
@ paying that type of money for a Mustang (you know it's going tobe expensive).

Unless its a 67 Shelby GT500 I can't justify paying that type of money for a Stang.

Nice car though.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

laugh.gif
@ paying that type of money for a Mustang (you know it's going to be expensive).

Unless its a 67 Shelby GT500 I can't justify paying that type of money for a Stang.

Nice car though.
If you have a GT you can make it a RTR for less than $8k. It's not TOO bad considering a good set of wheels runs about $3-$4k. The RTR-C onthe other hand probably wont be cheap. There are only 100 being made.

This is why I might stick with FORD forever.....they are definitely moving in the right direction,now if they could just restyle the rear end of the SHO....I'd go lease one

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Put em up

Cute car...

Chevy > Ford.
Yes... Anti-Aero Dynamic Camaros are so hot right now.
This car Poo-Poos on the Camara.....

At least Chevy didn't have to make a GTtype2RRCode4TspecVersion69ViperSnakeEater2 of it's top selling car, to keep up with Dodge. Seriously I wonder ifthey are running out of names. They should just need to make the mustang GT or Cobra as powerful as they can, and call it a day...

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

+9 hp thats it?

really? sad
Handling >

please put this against the gt-r and the gt-r will still eat it up. what is this suppose to go up against?

roll.gif
Did this guy seriously compare a car thats less than 40k to a car thatstwice as much and not even in the same class.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by Put em up

Cute car...

Chevy > Ford.
Yes... Anti-Aero Dynamic Camaros are so hot right now.
This car Poo-Poos on the Camara.....

At least Chevy didn't have to make a GTtype2RRCode4TspecVersion69ViperSnakeEater2 of it's top selling car, to keep up with Dodge. Seriously I wonder if they are running out of names. They should just need to make the mustang GT or Cobra as powerful as they can, and call it a day.
Compete? the mustang has no steady competition....the charger? Done....the challenger?is it even selling?...soon to be DONE.....the Camaro? done before it even started.... Mustang reigns supreme amongst American muscle. Ford all the way.....andbefore someone mentions the Vette....these two cars are not in the same class....and why does Ford release modded versions of their cars? Well it helps theguys who want fast now to get fast now, instead of voiding warranties and risking damage to the vehicles......I just love the sound of a V8 enginerevving

Back
Top Bottom