can't afford to go to stanford? want to be a entrepreneur ? stanfords youtube has a awesome entrepre

venture capitol one is dope there are more...

it's the number one podcast according to forbes

1. the Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series Pretend you’re back in college…but you actually went to Stanford and a bunch of big-shot entrepreneurs want to tell you about innovation, leadership and starting companies. That’s kind of what the Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series is like. If you only try one, check out Bill Gross’ “A Devotion to New Ideas” or John Seely Brown’s “Collaborative Innovation and a Pull Economy.”

Am I the only ignorance is bliss feeling one about stuff like this? Does hearing a bunch of people talk really get people to do stuff? I'm actually curious. It just seems that nowadays people watch TED talks, stuff like this, random 10 minutes of a class here and there...but no one ever does it consistently enough to have it be useful.

Honestly, to me, this stuff is just another form of entertainment. And when I look at it like that NBA > This sort of stuff as entertainment. I've watched my fair share of this stuff but I really don't see it being any sort of real information that I'll implement and make myself rich with. That takes actual effort, and years of dedication to something tangible. To me this stuff just gives people ammunition to talk about with others. The I'm smarter than thou because I watch this steez.

Nowadays it seems like people know how to do everything, but yet very few people actually go out and are capable of doing it. I'm not different than any of you. I love watching American Restoration and have a dream to learn woodworking (for fun). I daydream about it. I watch videos on it. However, until I physically take a class (and continue taking classes) my knowledge is purely hypothetical and conversational in nature.

Am I the only ignorance is bliss feeling one about stuff like this? Does hearing a bunch of people talk really get people to do stuff? I'm actually curious. It just seems that nowadays people watch TED talks, stuff like this, random 10 minutes of a class here and there...but no one ever does it consistently enough to have it be useful.

Honestly, to me, this stuff is just another form of entertainment. And when I look at it like that NBA > This sort of stuff as entertainment. I've watched my fair share of this stuff but I really don't see it being any sort of real information that I'll implement and make myself rich with. That takes actual effort, and years of dedication to something tangible. To me this stuff just gives people ammunition to talk about with others. The I'm smarter than thou because I watch this steez.

Nowadays it seems like people know how to do everything, but yet very few people actually go out and are capable of doing it. I'm not different than any of you. I love watching American Restoration and have a dream to learn woodworking (for fun). I daydream about it. I watch videos on it. However, until I physically take a class (and continue taking classes) my knowledge is purely hypothetical and conversational in nature.
Yo, I was just having this discussion with a friend the other day and said the same exact thing.

Every subculture has their own form of entertainment. Jocks like sports, 'mature' people like politics and news, stereotypical 'girly' women like reality TV, etc. Well all of this "intellectual" stuff is just entertainment for nerds/brainy people.

TED is just an outlet for those people who overthink everything and are obsessed with being smart (I know, because I used to be one of those people). Most of them are all saying the same thing but in different ways, and after a while every TED talk just sounds like a random collection of the same buzzwords. It's just mental masturbation.

Back
Top Bottom