Canadian Dollar

mad.gif

im restricting myself from buying anything online, the dollar is going lower and lower...
any body taking advantage and selling shoes to US of A?

nah, but im just gonna buy some USD for future use just in case before the dollar drops more :S

Good thing I kinda stocked up on USD during the summer when 1 CDN = 1.1 USD

But the economy is going down the drain.
smh.gif

Im stopping myself from getting anything off eBay or online for that matter for awhile.
smh.gif

Im with you 2o4, I want those Home and Away Hyperdunks, but the dollar is so low.

I'm about to buy a rock (in the US) for the lady and this isn't doing me any good
smh.gif

My savings would still be relatively good but its decreasing as weeks go by.

what a shame that our dollar has fallen so much...
friend is heading to Vegas, and i wanted to get Flighposites, and the Kobe away hyperdunks... looks like i'm not anymore...

might have to order online.. or maybe solestop.. for the flightposites..

its crazy the lowest since 03, unbelievable seeing how we were 1.10 all of 5 months ago, hope things turn around sooner rather then later.

Originally Posted by Kobetafr

what a shame that our dollar has fallen so much...
friend is heading to Vegas, and i wanted to get Flighposites, and the Kobe away hyperdunks... looks like i'm not anymore...

might have to order online.. or maybe solestop.. for the flightposites..
if you find a nice place to buy em let me know
happy.gif

I love how economists like to predict things after the fact. I read in the paper Economists were predicting the CDN $ would drop to the 60s in the next fewmonths, such a brave prediction after the CDN$ has dropped 20cents in a matter of weeks. Why weren't these guys warning Canadians about a month ago whenthe dollar was almost par?

Its going back up and I hope it stays like that for the next 48 hours or else I'll be a NPB on Ebay
grin.gif
laugh.gif

^I'm in the same position! Surprisingly, the dollar had a very strong day today, but I'm not sure it will continue...

the money market is pretty variable and overall, you're not going to make much. There are so many variables that affect the value that its tough tospeculate. The drop in oil is going to harm the dollar. The strengthening USD is going to harm the dollar. This is great news for the economy, which is muchbigger than buying shoes off ebay. Canada, is probably the only country in the world that will come out of the global downturn in pretty good shape. In Ontarioespecially, the manufacturing sector has taken a big hit over the last year or two with the strong dollar.

paid a $72 USD item today for $90 CDN. Almost $20 in diff. but I didn't wanna stiff the seller anymore. It's been a week, lol.

the canadian dollar going down is good for the economy because of the amount we export, but it friggin sucks as a consumer, i don't think i'll beheadin down to the states for black friday no more...s'all good though, stocked up 11g's U.S. when it was at par.

edit: accidently swore somewhere in that post haha.

Back
Top Bottom