Breaking news: It was two tornadoes that hit NYC!/ Bklyn & Queens to be declared a disaster zone

[h1]Nat'l Weather Service: Two Tornadoes Swept Through City[/h1]

By: NY1 News

Weather officials confirmed tonight that two tornadoes touched down in New York City yesterday, as residents citywide continue to clean up damage and local lawmakers build their case for FEMA funding.

The National Weather Service said that the first tornado touched down in Park Slope, Brooklyn with winds of 80 mph after 5 p.m. Friday and traveled two miles northeast.

The second tornado touched down about two-and-a-half miles south of Flushing, Queens and traveled north to Bayside with winds of up to 100 mph, before lifting over the waters. Middle Village and Forest Hills, Queens were the neighborhoods hit hardest.

The National Weather Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Office of Emergency Management conducted flyovers and land surveys in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens before coming to its conclusions.
and about the possible disaster zone declaration:
The city sent several hundred crews to help clear the damage, and four City Council members from Queens called on Gov. David A. Paterson to declare a disaster area, which would open the way to federal money to help pay for the cleanup and repairs.
http://www.nytimes.com/20...ml?_r=1&pagewanted=2

[h1]Nat'l Weather Service: Two Tornadoes Swept Through City[/h1]

By: NY1 News

Weather officials confirmed tonight that two tornadoes touched down in New York City yesterday, as residents citywide continue to clean up damage and local lawmakers build their case for FEMA funding.

The National Weather Service said that the first tornado touched down in Park Slope, Brooklyn with winds of 80 mph after 5 p.m. Friday and traveled two miles northeast.

The second tornado touched down about two-and-a-half miles south of Flushing, Queens and traveled north to Bayside with winds of up to 100 mph, before lifting over the waters. Middle Village and Forest Hills, Queens were the neighborhoods hit hardest.

The National Weather Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Office of Emergency Management conducted flyovers and land surveys in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens before coming to its conclusions.
and about the possible disaster zone declaration:
The city sent several hundred crews to help clear the damage, and four City Council members from Queens called on Gov. David A. Paterson to declare a disaster area, which would open the way to federal money to help pay for the cleanup and repairs.
http://www.nytimes.com/20...ml?_r=1&pagewanted=2

why the hell did i read that as two tomatoes
30t6p3b.gif
@ me

I knew disaster was striking NYC First.

CA>NY .

We have the biggest impact tho
grin.gif
but yal going down first, gives me time to prepare and do what I need to do to survive!
2012!
LOL JK, But damn I wanna see pics? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I knew disaster was striking NYC First.

CA>NY .

We have the biggest impact tho
grin.gif
but yal going down first, gives me time to prepare and do what I need to do to survive!
2012!
LOL JK, But damn I wanna see pics? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
 Don't worry I always skim over titles too quick. I just got an email from an Ali White about a golf tournament and thought it said All White golf tournament. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
 Don't worry I always skim over titles too quick. I just got an email from an Ali White about a golf tournament and thought it said All White golf tournament. 
laugh.gif

When I was leaving my office yesterday in Chelsea, it seriously looked like something out of a movie ala Independence Day. 5:45pm and it's dark as hell and just silent outside.

When I was leaving my office yesterday in Chelsea, it seriously looked like something out of a movie ala Independence Day. 5:45pm and it's dark as hell and just silent outside.

Originally Posted by AirJapan707

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

had me wondering what made 2 tomatoes in NY thread worthy
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The destruction was something though. Never seen such damage up close like that in my life
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The destruction was something though. Never seen such damage up close like that in my life
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Was in my car driving...never been scared like that in a while...

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Was in my car driving...never been scared like that in a while...

30t6p3b.gif
@ me

I thought this as well, I had to read it a few times, then finally clicked the thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom