Bored UCLA Student Joins Libyan Rebels

quik1987

Banned
fo02se-LibyaRoadTrip.jpg

Bummed out by the end of summer vacation? Want to take the awesomest road trip EVAR? Not really bothered by the idea of conflict tourism or turning someone else’s struggle for freedom into your barstool anecdote? Dude: you need to join the Libyan revolution!

Bradley Hope, a reporter covering Libya’s uprising, writes in Abu Dhabi newspaper The National that he recently made a curious discovery near An Nawfaliyah: Chris Jeon, a 21-year old University of California-Los Angeles math student. That’s Jeon in the picture above, very unsafely resting his rifle on the ground with the barrel pointed up while his new buddies crowd around. Spoiler: he doesn’t have any military experience.

Why’d he make the long trek from Cali to Libya? “It is the end of my summer vacation, so I thought it would be cool to join the rebels,

Originally Posted by l337six

this guy is ridiculously awesome.
pretty much. son rockin throwbacks in the Libyan battlefields not givin a single damn...

im awestruck... man is my hero
pimp.gif

"math student"
laugh.gif

dude is trolling them rebels. When the shots pop off, he aint really gonna be bout it bout it.

My dood really came over there with an LA jersey like he ain't gonna be the first one to get shot out there.. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
props to him for doing something for a right cause though.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

pimp.gif
props to him for doing something for a right cause though.
That's the whole point, is he really doing it for a right cause?

Pretty cool if you ask me..But at least have Libya's liberation as your best interest. Not knowing Arabic, never having shot a AK 47? Silly, but cool.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

laugh.gif

he's gonna mess around and get sprayed up out there
This from a guy who thinks the violience in Mexico is cool. Yes I am mad.

Chris Jeon... American Moron! Now that he's in the press... best believe the rebels will kidnap and sell him to the highest bidder.

Don't think they would do that, libyan rebels don't want bad press. These are people who have US Backing to overtake a government. They know they are being scrutinized and an event like the kidnapping of this kid would label them as terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom