Big Puns Wife and Kids Living in a Homeless Shelter...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
smh.gif
article i just came across
smh.gif

BIG PUN'S WIFE AND CHILDREN LIVING IN HOMELESS SHELTER

Posted Aug 5th 2009 7:00PM by Latifah Muhammad

Deceased rapper Big Pun's widow and three children are living in a New York homeless shelter. Liza Rios and her children have been forced to relocate tothe shelter after losing their home to foreclosure.

"We're in a city shelter," Rios said in an interview. "It's been very hard for them [the children] to transition. After Pun passed Ididn't receive a lot of money. I received $160,000 from publishing. The house I was paying mortgage [on] was my husband's. He bought the house and itwasn't paid out. The five years I was living there I spent over $120,000 just on mortgage [payments]. Then you [have] the kids, and the food, and theclothes and legal fees...when there's no money coming in, there's just money [going] out."

Rios also talked about her physically and emotionally abusive relationship with her late husband. "It's through the grace of God that I'vesurvived," she said. "I never knew what domestic violence was until I was in it and even when I was in it I still didn't know what was going on.I thought it was just me I didn't know that it was happening with so many women."

As a member of the Terror Squad rap group Pun was responsible for introducing rapper Fat Joe to the public. According to Rios, she and Joe are not on goodterms and have no plans to reconcile. "We haven't been on the best of terms in a while. I'm asking to see proof of royalties and so forth. I havenot yet seen anything. Pun has made a lot of money for people and continues to make money for them. Pun doesn't get paid when you hear songs on iTunes [or]ringtones. If Pun's not getting a check, his kids are not getting a check."

Pun, born Christopher Rios, died in 2000 from a fatal heart attach. Most famous for his single 'I'm Not A Player,' the rapper weighed almost 700lbs at the time of his death.

puns wife talking about it .

u could look at this 2 ways:

1. Joe is foul for letting Puns wife and kids go through this and should step in to help her out being that Pun is arguably the reason that joe's becomewhat he's become.

2. Puns been dead for 10 years and she needs to handle her biz and get it together for her kids. Joe dont owe her nothing.

i got with # 1.

regardless on how much she pissed you off you cant live the way you do and ignore ya " best friends " family if they're struggling. imo he needsto step in and help her out with at the very least puns royalties ..

i understand his pov in being pissed that she ruined his image but what happened happened. i think it's foul he allows her to go through this while helives the good life thanks to pun.

what say u ?

LATE

Late cuz this is in General and late cuz this has been know for a couple years now.

Well hopefully money from the new Pun movie helps them out a little.

my bad i aint even look in general, thought it would belong here..........

She had enough money to flip.. She probably was wasting it on dumb stuff and didn't have a job so she ended up in a shelter.. It's messed up though,but that's life for you..

$160,000???? LMAO!! i look at it like this, if pun was the greatest rapper of all time like many dumba** fools like to claim on this board, why did he onlyhave 160k after he died?? and "supposedly" he was at the top of his game when he died............lmao, u think pac or biggies families will ever haveto consider a homeless shelter?? they got millions, because thats what pac and biggie were worth, pun worth 160k, smh at how these cats on this forum can evenmention puns name with the goat like pac and b.i.g.

and all these lames mention big L in that discussion of best ever, i bet that dudes baby mama got like $5,000 when he died, LMAO

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

...biggie supposedly died broke as well
your theory is just as bad as your ear

lol, if u think biggies mama didnt get any money from bad boy, u need to do some research son............

So I guess 50 cent @#+@@ on Big L & Pun & G-Rap & Rakim & Nas & GZA... combined, because he has more money than them.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by highlife32

$160,000???? LMAO!! i look at it like this, if pun was the greatest rapper of all time like many dumba** like to claim on this board, why did he only have 160k after he died?? and "supposedly" he was at the top of his game when he died............lmao, u think pac or biggies families will ever have to consider a homeless shelter?? they got millions, because thats what pac and biggie were worth, pun worth 160k, smh at how these cats on this forum can even mention puns name with the goat like pac and b.i.g.

pac's mom had to sue to get money... a $+%$!$ deal is a $+%$!$ deal... has nothing to do wit the value of ur talent... i guess pac and biggie wasnt worth %+#! til they got on sold millions?
of course, and thats my point. pac had sold enough records, that that money was there, if even his mama had to sue to get it. big pun just didntsell enough records to have millions, and it has EVERYTHING to do with talent. u think pac sol 8 million records because of the way he looked???

Originally Posted by M16

So I guess 50 cent @#+@@ on Big L & Pun & G-Rap & Rakim & Nas & GZA... combined, because he has more money than them.

u need to do some research too patna............because 50 didnt make his millions from selling records, he made 400 mil off some vitamin water, theres adifference........

and i could be wrong about this(i havent looked it up) but i believe nas has sold more albums than 50 thruout his career, correct me if im wrong...........

$160,000???? LMAO!! i look at it like this, if pun was the greatest rapper of all time like many dumba** like to claim on this board, why did he only have 160k after he died?? and "supposedly" he was at the top of his game when he died............lmao, u think pac or biggies families will ever have to consider a homeless shelter?? they got millions, because thats what pac and biggie were worth, pun worth 160k, smh at how these cats on this forum can even mention puns name with the goat like pac and b.i.g.

pac's mom had to sue to get money... a $+%$!$ deal is a $+%$!$ deal... has nothing to do wit the value of ur talent... i guess pac and biggie wasnt worth %+#! til they got on sold millions?
of course, and thats my point. pac had sold enough records, that that money was there, if even his mama had to sue to get it. big pun just didnt sell enough records to have millions, and it has EVERYTHING to do with talent. u think pac sol 8 million records because of the way he looked???
so now nelly is more talented than pun too? soulja boy too huh?
nelly and soulja boy are a whole different era and generation than biggie and pac, my point is if pun was one of the greatest like everyoneclaims, why didnt he sell the same amount as his peers in the same era???? hes not even close in record sales to a number of cats(biggie, pac, nas, snoop) whowere dealing with the industry the same way he was.......nelly and soulja boy are in a watered down era, bottom line

Originally Posted by M16

u need to do some research too patna............because 50 didnt make his millions from selling records, he made 400 mil off some vitamin water, theres a difference........

and i could be wrong about this(i havent looked it up) but i believe nas has sold more albums than 50 thruout his career, correct me if im wrong...........
Ok it's official you're a troll

Originally Posted by M16

u need to do some research too patna............because 50 didnt make his millions from selling records, he made 400 mil off some vitamin water, theres a difference........

Ok, but he made more off his music than any of them individually. Is he a better rapper because of it ? Is Country Grammar better than Illmatic ?

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Is Country Grammar better than Illmatic ?
different eras patna, theres no way to compare the 2 based strictly on record sales.

but for the record, illmatic is def in the top 10 cds of all time, cg probably not even top 100

$160,000???? LMAO!! i look at it like this, if pun was the greatest rapper of all time like many dumba** fools like to claim on this board, why did he only have 160k after he died?? and "supposedly" he was at the top of his game when he died............lmao, u think pac or biggies families will ever have to consider a homeless shelter?? they got millions, because thats what pac and biggie were worth, pun worth 160k, smh at how these cats on this forum can even mention puns name with the goat like pac and b.i.g.

and all these lames mention big L in that discussion of best ever, i bet that dudes baby mama got like $5,000 when he died, LMAO
You are @#%%!@% braindead. Not ONE person in that other thread said Pun was the greatest of all time...it was strictly LATINO rappers, dumb !#$.And yes, he is the GOAT of Latino rappers and one of the best to ever spit, period.
roll.gif
at this idiot thinking there's a connectionwith how much money you have and how good you are at RAPPING. It don't matter if you made $5,000 or $5 million your entire life...if you rap good, you rapgood. You're worse than a @#%%!@% troll because you actually believe all that bull #@%$ you post.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
you guys!
smh.gif

anywayz....she shoulda been on her job a long time ago, regardless if you have friends with money! you do what you have to to secure a STABLE lifestyle for youand yours...might not be what your used to with all the glitz & glamour, but atleast youll be on your feet.........no matter what!

i dont know the whole situation, but thats just common sense.....i dont really feel for her, but if i was Joe...ide step in..yes, once again. but sincehe's not doing anything, shes gonna have to do something...
tired.gif

simple as that!

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

$160,000???? LMAO!! i look at it like this, if pun was the greatest rapper of all time like many dumba** fools like to claim on this board, why did he only have 160k after he died?? and "supposedly" he was at the top of his game when he died............lmao, u think pac or biggies families will ever have to consider a homeless shelter?? they got millions, because thats what pac and biggie were worth, pun worth 160k, smh at how these cats on this forum can even mention puns name with the goat like pac and b.i.g.

YNot ONE person in that other thread said Pun was the greatest of all time...it was strictly LATINO rappers, dumb !#$. And yes, he is the GOAT of Latino rappers and one of the best to ever spit, period.
roll.gif
at this idiot thinking there's a connection with how much money you have and how good you are at RAPPING.
no, but everyone seemes to think pun is top 5 all time which is absolutley fu**** ludicrous!!!!!!! and it has nothing to do with how much moneythey have dipsh***, its about how many records they sold(which u would clearly understand i was sayin if u cleared your square a** mind andread my post) if punwas so great at rapping, why didnt he sell just as much as pac, snoop and biggie???

The problem is Joe doesn't own Pun's masters .... I forgot his name but it's some old school house music/ movie producer that does .

F__That broad Fat Joe got bills, kids, and a wife. He gotta take care of home, If he take care of the kids he is taking care of the mother.

So Joe gotta spend the rest of his life taking care of another family?

If the mama didn't get on the grind to take of her kids..why should others?

He was Pun's boy not his family's keeper

lmao, snoop top 10 all time, pun not even top 50...........no matter what u say about snoop, he been doin it big since 90-91. no one in their right mind candeny that doggystyle and tha last meal are 2 of the best rap cds of all time, ........smh at all these pun ********rs

yall can wake up now, pun didnt even have ONE classic album......pac, snoop, biggie, nas had multiple classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom