BEST WAYS TO KEEP SOLES ICY

So a lot of us got the Carmines, and guess what, we need to keep them icy. So here are some ice keeping myths that I want cleared up.

KEEPING DEM ICY

-Taking out the paper in the box (Supposedly the paper contains a small amount of acid)

-Putting 3-4 small silica packs in the box (Why can't you put more?)

-Cleaning the bottoms after you wear them (With stuff like Footlocker's InstantSneakerCleaner)

IF SOMEONE COULD CLEAR THESE UP, OR TELL ME WHAT YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR SOLES ICY, THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

Thanks for the tip. I always leave the paper as a form of protection, didn't know it would hurt my shoes

try to slean you icey soles with water as least as possible, also wear them on dry days

use Lincoln E Z Cleaner

This is what I've heard on the subject, and it sounds fairly reasonable:

The main problem with storing sneakers is finding the balance of moisture. If the conditions are too dry then the soles of the sneakers become dry as well, leading to early cracking and seperation (that's why you limit the silica packets to 4). If the conditions are too moist then the soles will become yellow quicker due to the plastic oxidizing. 

I don't fully know the reason behind taking the paper out of the box. I have heard that the older releases had paper that was quite acidic, leading to soles yellowing faster. But apparently the paper of the recent releases is less acidic and therefore safer for our soles. 

Great forum on how NT members store their shoes:  http://niketalk.com/t/321580/how-do-you-store-your-sneakers

Back
Top Bottom