Best Jobs in WASHINGTON

Here it goes I always debate with my home boy on whos got the better job. I work at Jared the Galleria of Jewelry and he works at the Circut city Roadshop.
Where i work i dont do %%$@ i just count jewelry and count money and meet a lot of interesting/ rich people. It does have down sides like every job such aswearing
business suit everyday but sometimes i like wearing them. other than that i dont pick up nothing heavy or do any stressfull work. so at 11.09 an hour id say igot a real
good job. so i was curious who has the best job in washington? wheres everyone workin

I work at UnderPaidSlaves at boeing field part time, 5:30pm-8:30pm.

This has got to be the suckiest place to work. Period.

Pay is $9.00/hr and I average $120/week. thats pocket change compared to my previous job. this place is a downgrade. I only took this job just because they payfor college tuition and health benefits, but hell, I don't think it's worth it. I regret working here. I cant wait to leave after peak season. It'snot worth it going to work 5-days a week for 3 stinking hours. It's hell here, you cant leave until work is done and I work with nothing but olderco-workers(32-50+). A 70lb package recently fell on my big toe and completely destroyed it, now I dont have perfect toes any longer
mad.gif
. Screw UPS

Anybody wanna hook up a 21 y/o ethnic studies major with a job for the new years?

Ouch. well you should start looking for part time jobs online and on nikejobs and just send your resume to all places.

well seattle does have a lot of biotech companies, so you can start there. the president of UW gets $905,000 a year, and he went to a community college, so ifyou are looking to become an educational administrator, those jobs eventually pay.

are you talking about career job, or job on the side while in school? if the latter, there are also a lot of tutoring places you can go to that pay $15-$20 anhour. working at nordstrom for commission isn't half bad either, it's an easy job but will depend on the department. one of my friends drives a metrobus part time, and it pays $18/hr to start with, eventually going up to $25/hr if you're full time. that's an easy job, just drive around, make sureyou don't hit anyone.

I wanna look for a job more towards a career. I'd do an internship if it pays some.

A couple of my friends work at boeing in the engineer department for assemblies. they work 3pm-11pm, M-F. they started at $13.50, and can go up to $35/hr ifyou stay for 4 years. I was thinking about going to school early AM, then head off to boeing. but I'll probably not cause i need homework and study time.

I work at a potatoe processing plant and make 17.30/hour to start out, and i have a 401k which they match up to 6% so i take advantage of that, andmedical/dental and vision insurance. I am going back to school for this new job, and within a couple years I can be up to 32$/hr, and the place i work at ispaying for my schooling

Washington produces more potatoes than Idaho, which is called the Potato State. True story.

As for jobs, Nordstrom is really good, especially if you stick with it. You can move around so quickly.

I didnt know UPS had that shift......I'd work a 5:30-8:30 shift right about now. I could use the extra $$$
when I was lookin at them before, they only had 8:30-4:30 shifts
5:30-8:30 at Boeing field is right up my alley

I used to work at Nordstrom's in the Women's shoe department. You can make bank and meet hot rich women all day. That job was dope.
But now I sell condos for a company called Williams Marketing, and am making $80,000-$120,000 a year as a 22 year old high school graduate with very littlecollege experience.
I would suggest selling real estate, especially in Seattle. Seattle has been the leading city in the country for property value increase over the past 5 years.
Buying and selling property is one of the most profitable things you could do in Seattle and still have plenty of time for a life.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

emmanuelabor

you can try applying after peak season. several friends and might be leaving after january. starting is $8.50 but after your 90 days probation, they up it to$9.00 and you get all the benefits. its an easy job but its a biatch working in outside conditions sometimes; snow, rain, wind, freezing temps. a lot of thepeeps there are cool, most of them are older. i want to leave cause i dont think its worth my time daily/weekly for such little pay. I'd rather work 8hrshifts 3 days a week.

206Jordan23

my sister's boy friend is the manager a condo development around the aurora area and these are very nice homes. ceiling to wall windows, marble tops, viewof lake union, etc... these homes start at $700,000+ but he told me its been very slow. iono, maybe it depends on prices and location?

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

well seattle does have a lot of biotech companies, so you can start there. the president of UW gets $905,000 a year, and he went to a community college, so if you are looking to become an educational administrator, those jobs eventually pay.

are you talking about career job, or job on the side while in school? if the latter, there are also a lot of tutoring places you can go to that pay $15-$20 an hour. working at nordstrom for commission isn't half bad either, it's an easy job but will depend on the department. one of my friends drives a metro bus part time, and it pays $18/hr to start with, eventually going up to $25/hr if you're full time. that's an easy job, just drive around, make sure you don't hit anyone.

are you still working at nordstrom? what position and dept now

i'm thinking about going back to working at nordstrom but at the downtown one this time and hopefully doing sales

i remember there was good internship with city of seattle. they take you under there wing for two years and after that you get a guaranteed job their startingoff at 18/hr. i should of took it and skipped college.

jus dont work at safeway i had an 8 hour shift taking gum off the parking lot with a screwdriver. and after that i quit.

Originally Posted by 206head

i remember there was good internship with city of seattle. they take you under there wing for two years and after that you get a guaranteed job their starting off at 18/hr. i should of took it and skipped college.

if you wanna start at $18/hr then drive metros. they start at 18 and work up to 25 or so in 2-3 years.

^I drive a truck (mine is 26,000 GVW, so non CDL) and you would need a class C CDL to drive Metro, they can test you themselves and issue the license. I know acouple dudes that drive for them and I know I couldn't do it it would not be long before the riders got to me.

Back
Top Bottom