Best Funeral Ever on TLC is the new American minstrel show

powerballin

Banned
Best-Funeral-Ever.jpg

best-funeral-ever-tlc.jpg

Best%20ever.jpg

530423_10151211736528432_1759424952_n.jpg

TLC got a hit on their hands with this one.  I mean they really outdid themselves with this show. 

Reality series about an all-black funeral service company in Dallas, TX.  Doesn't sound that bad right?  Well they specialize in "going away" parties not funerals.  They put together these funerals with all kinds of props and costumes.  They even hire professional mourners....yes people that act at the funeral to add dramatic flair. 

If thats not enough the cast is straight outta Dr.Kings nightmares. Its run by a dude that makes Steve Harvey look like Ryan Gossling the way he dresses.  A flamboyant rude gay man.  A woman with a gold front tooth...yes remember the movie BAPS.  And the rest of the crew is your standard hefty, southern folk. 

The first episode had me in tears.  Its was a Boondocks episode come to life.  The Chili's baby back rib guy died and they hosted his funeral.  This might've been the most outlandish, most stereotypical thing I've ever seen on television.  They had ribs and a BBQ fountain at the church.  And the preacher was doing his standard "black preacher voice" while speaking on Chilli's ribs.  It was too much man.  They even had pigs there.

This show is so offensive I have to watch. 

Only good thing about this show is the amount of wild funny .gifs that will be made

I heard about this on the local sports radio show. Going to check it out, sounded wild. They hire professional mourners??

I don't understand what the huge deal is. You should be able to be sent off however the **** you want.

We lost our way completely ya know what these shoes didnt exist til Barack was elected yo

Last edited:
We lost our way completely ya know what these shoes didnt exist til Barack was elected yo
laugh.gif
has nothing to do with Barack.

Its the evolution of reality TV.  First it was the dating shows, then the housewives, then the business shows.  Now religious folks have jumped on board for this paper.  They following the same cycle.  Real housewives of Pastors or something like that is on now.  And yes its almost all black too except one white guy.  Soon we will see a dating show setting up a Pastor on a series of dates to choose the "one".

when its my time to go, everybody wearing suits and those who do not have at least a 6 pack on them, will be told to vacate the premesis.

Last edited:
It was cringe worthy to see my people like this but black funerals usually are over the top(at least ones I have been to) with people jumping up and down and asking stupid questions...plus baptist churches or even sanctified churchs are just as ridiculous
But if people want to go out with a celebration then let them cook I guess because there shows are not stopping anytime soon....this is the world we live in everybody wants to be famous and all people devalue the next mans life...it's just sad all around

One thing to have a funeral in a theme that the person loved to do or something, but "professional mourners" ?! :smh: Come on son...

One thing to have a funeral in a theme that the person loved to do or something, but "professional mourners" ?! :smh: Come on son...

I'm speechless.

Son did a tornado roll in the church.

If someone did that in one of my family members funerals I would put hands on them afterwards.

This makes me think how many funerals I've been to that have possibly had "fake" mourners there.

Crazy

Yeah I watched that show to. When they had ol girl ceremoniously dip her rib in the BBQ sauce fountain. I turned the channel. Like yeah funerals should be celebrations but that Ish is plain exploitation.

I mean, by this logic black church services themselves are minstrel shows. I don't see the difference. :/

I can say my church does not have paid people within the church to "catch the holy ghost" and start dancing in the aisles or anything.

But that tornado roll on the bench was just too much. :rofl:

I can't imagine someone sitting beside me doing that.

Back
Top Bottom