best buy emproyees enter prease

so according to the best buy careers website there are "12 jobs available" at my local best buy. only thing i find to my liking is prolly
"Inventory / Shipping & Receiving Job"

so what exactly do those ppl do. whats it like?

i used the search but didnt find nothin really
that is all

its sucks. well its aight i just hated 6am stock counts or w.e. %+** makes me wanna kick a baby in the face. and doing truck is boring

work in the warehouse. depends on what store youre applying to. (youre from the bay right? where'd you apply)
i never worked inventory so i dont know too much but

pull items for online orders, process incoming shipments (and outgoing), doin counts. 

when i worked there, i was at a high volume store, and inventory and merchandising kind of became one job, cause there was never enough people and they were needed everywhere.

^pm'd
Originally Posted by Squalie413

itssucks. well its aight i just hated 6am stock counts or w.e. %+** makesme wanna kick a baby in the face. and doing truck is boring
lol what exactly do you do? whats the daily routine lookin like?
and so "Inventory / Shipping & Receiving" is actually 2 separate different jobs?
oh and hows the pay, minimum?

best buy emproyees enter prease
?

alien.gif

Originally Posted by GFlower8

^pm'd

itssucks. well its aight i just hated 6am stock counts or w.e. %+** makesme wanna kick a baby in the face. and doing truck is boring
lol what exactly do you do? whats the daily routine lookin like?
and so "Inventory / Shipping & Receiving" is actually 2 separate different jobs?
oh and hows the pay, minimum?
thurs and sun i think? u gotta do truck that comes in at 2 then when ever u finish. umm 6am-10am shifts are stock counts and that alone was the reason y i quit. umm the rest is pretty easy, just doing stock counts and finding items to send out can kill alot of time. receiving is easy just scan it in and count make sure everythings there, and what else i can remember is.... you gotta put stuff away and sort when ppl return/exchange stuff. hope that helps inventory is prob the worst department imo try to get merchandising if you like warehouse stuff

emproyees
laugh.gif
shipping and recieving? what else do you have to do to discuss, all you do is ship and receive

i was expecting to open this thread and the OP wouLd be asking for best buy empLoyees to try and fix his keybooard cuz "L" was broken
laugh.gif

its sucks. well its aight i just hated 6am stock counts or w.e. %+** makes me wanna kick a baby in the face. and doing truck is boring
You guys didn't have a stand alone stock counter for that?

I did it for a year before I got the boot.

I MISS MY 6am SWAT COUNTS
frown.gif

Sucks, the discount is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ though. 5% above cost to the store is insane on most products.

Everything you see below not including the Xbox's, I got for under $1400.

Blu-ray player, Polk speakers/sub, Panasonic plasma, Yamaha rx-665 7.1 receiver and the stand

and a $#!T ton of cables...

Yeah Shipping & Receiving is essentially apart of Inventory but both have different tasks. Like Squalie & Freshhh said Shipping & Receiving is pretty much scanning and counting, receiving drop shipments, shipping back returned items that can't be sold again or items that are apart of a sendback . Stuff along those lines. Inventory is basically stock counts. If you enjoy counting %%%%, then go for it. 

yeah honestly inventory can be a complete $%%@$, or easy as hell. time will pass like nothin, and you barely have to deal with customers. just the occasional ones that pull you aside  when youre walkin around.
thats why it depends on the store youre goin for. the busy ones, you migt have to help them since everyone else is busy. 

pay is 
pimp.gif
 btw at a busy store. depends on your experience and management tho. discount is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when i quit i was at a little under $13 worked for about a year. 

i worked at the colma store (daly city, suburbs of SF), high volume store, management was 
pimp.gif

then moved to a smaller store, on curtner out here in san jose, horrible management, my raises were @%$#. 

hmm seems pretty koo to me.
i'd rather count move and pack !*$# all day than have to deal with customers and their b/s and wat not.
thanks for the repries

best buy emproyees enter prease............. were u purposely tryin to type like a chinesse person talks lol

Be prepared to be the @!%#@ of the store; you will have to unload trucks (suxs during the holidays, 3 trucks a week), pull online orders, carry in/out product for customers, cover LP, assemble furniture and displays, do product counts, do signage, do cart runs. Since best buy decided to merge merchandising and inventory together you will have to do both of their duties, so if you dont like getting up early don't do it. Normal day is getting in at 6 or 7am depending on what ur scheduled for and when the holidays come around your in even earlier than that. You will also be paid the least amount out of every single employee in the store because of the department you work in. Only saving grace is that you will deal with very few customers, when you do carryouts sometimes the customers tip as well. The discount is amazing at wholesale cost plus 5% but you will grow tired of the place if the management and your supervisore sux. I worked at the largest volume store in new jersey and it gets to you.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

how soon does your discount come in?

can you go ham or is there a limit?
You have to wait 30 days b4 your discount goes into effect.  There isnt a limit per say but they will question you if you go nuts, they can keep track of every one of you transactions through your discount or your credit/debit cards. 

don't understand why would someone ever want to work at Best Buy as a sales person when they don't offer commission at all

Originally Posted by the north west

don't understand why would someone ever want to work at Best Buy as a sales person when they don't offer commission at all
easy.  i never had to sell *#!! and i still made the same $$
i honestly never gave best buy 100% effort once. why does it matter? sell a couple things, keep management happy, get my nice part-time paychecks + piff discount and im good.

^i know it probably depends on your own location, but how soon did they hit you up after you submitted the application?

Originally Posted by GFlower8

so according to the best buy careers website there are "12 jobs available" at my local best buy. only thing i find to my liking is prolly
"Inventory / Shipping & Receiving Job"

so what exactly do those ppl do. whats it like?

i used the search but didnt find nothin really
that is all

No commission so it doesn't matter what you do... inventory dudes were mad chill and always seemed to be having fun except when holiday inventory came and they used to hate staying late tho and their manager was like a slave driver, the type that barks orders but doesn't do anything themselves... I worked in home entertainment until I found a sales job with commission... amazing the difference in pay. Best Buy was getting over on the salesman considering what they make in sales... but as a high school job I loved it. The checks were
pimp.gif
considering the alternative.

Back
Top Bottom