Benching Kobe Appreciation Post

lakers are so good w/o kobe.

kobe should just play 4th quarter only in the future.  save his energy and play 4th qt..this might actually prolong his career......cuz lakers have some serious talents...pau, odom, bynum all these dudes can be 1-2 option in any nba team...

plus their chemistry is on point right now...my goodness.

we just saw lakers vs utah...utah was playin very well as of late..but still managed to get a W

kobe is great. but we have to admit that he stops the flow of the game.

kobe even said he doesnt care about numbers anymore...so lets do this

uh no. don't let our recent success without him make you think that we don't need him to start for us.

laugh.gif

they just need to rest him. if they pace themselves the rest of the way they should get the #1 seed in the west, and they can beat cleveland in the finals without homecourt advantage.

a healthy laker team with a well rested kobe going into the playoffs = favorites to win the title and repeat.

Originally Posted by KOBE HOMER

kobe should just play 4th quarter only in the future.  save his energy and play 4th qt..this might actually prolong his career......cuz lakers have some serious talents...pau, odom, bynum all these dudes can be 1-2 option in any nba team...

we just saw lakers vs utah...utah was playin very well as of late..but still managed to get a W

KOBE HOMER

iyo0f5.gif

its a good think so Kobe can rest and heal for the playoffs...

I just hope it isnt a sign....I mean they did win in Portland without him
ohwell.gif

I agree... Treat him like T-mac..
Only difference is the Rockets are losing (My play T-mac wagon train)

i think it's good in terms of his team mates getting their confidence up
also kobe has to be seeing what's going on and hopefully will put him at ease when he comes back knowing he doesn't have to try to do everything all the time
look to his team a little more...
but we certainly need him for those close games...

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

a healthy laker team with a well rested kobe going into the playoffs = favorites to win the title and repeat.

carmeloanthony_Brian_Bahr.jpg

But ill save this argument for the playoffs. Continue with your thread.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

what are you saying the Lakers arent favorites?...you must be in denial if you honestly dont think that...were the defending champs...we are the favorites to win regardless
eyes.gif
...if you didnt know the defending champs are always the favorites coming into a new season ala the spurs and boston when they were the champs with the exception of the bulls in '99 of course

yes trade kobe for ariza!
pimp.gif

if you guys actually think the Lakers are better without kobe is ridiculous...the team tends to rally and are forced to step up just like what portland is doing without roy...i mean you guys think the blazers are better without roy?
the same goes for the rockets...do you guys really think the rockets can do some damage and go deep in the playoffs without yao?

but yes im glad kobe took some time off...dude is totally banged up and needs rest

It shows how far this team has come.  They can win and win soundly without their main man. 

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by KOBE HOMER

KOBE HOMER

iyo0f5.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Right now I'd say the Cavs are the favs to win right now.

To win it all? Ehhh. Last season is way too fresh in my mind. They'll finish with the best record, though.

Kobe just needs to take as much time as possible to get healthy. If he isn't near 100% and getting max efforts from the rest of the team, then Denver is going to the Finals.

LOL let's juz trade this scrub for some expiring deals then, shall we?
pimp.gif

That way we can be a player in Free Agency...sounds like a good plan, no?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

what are you saying the Lakers arent favorites?...you must be in denial if you honestly dont think that...were the defending champs...we are the favorites to win regardless
eyes.gif
...if you didnt know the defending champs are always the favorites coming into a new season ala the spurs and boston when they were the champs with the exception of the bulls in '99 of course   
So because ESPN doesnt sackride the Nuggets like they do the Lakers/Cavs/Magic then they are not favorites? The Nuggets matchup well with anyone in the league and incase you havnt noticed own the Lakers/Cavs this season. True if you are defending champs then you are the favorites going in, but I think it is a little far fetched to say the Lakers are the no questions asked favorites to win the title RIGHT NOW.

But like I said I will save this argument for the playoffs. See you there Lakers.

But to add to the post so im not just in here going off on tangents. The Lakers play a better team game when Kobe isnt on the floor. But they are not a better team overall. Thats just silly. The Jazz and Spurs im sure took for granted that Kobe wasnt playing and figured that the games were gonna be cake walks and they got embarrassed. I would expect a much different outcome if they were to have to play without Kobe for a week or 2 str8. But that wont happen. Kobe wont allow it, hes too competetive to sit out for 2 weeks at this point in his career. Its not like hes got a whole lot more left so if he can be out there hes gonna be out there.

Back
Top Bottom