Basketball players knew how to take hits back then vol. Kurt Rambis is maaaad

He didn't try to sell the hit, wriggle around on the floor for 5 minutes, get some sympathy from the refs, no.� Kurt Rambis took the hit like a man, gotback on his feet and went after McHale like he should.

Boo you Rajon.� Even though you're 6 foot nothing, you know you could've gotten right back up.� Boo you.

laugh.gif

Even in the Late 90s dudes woulda just hopped up and banged it out, but since the malice at the palace its been a terrycloth ,cottonelle ,charmin league.

Yea anything like they used to do is a suspension for a few games.

Guys just want to get the other in trouble and act like it actually hurt them.

pimp.gif
when guys would just get up and go crazy.

the NBA now is soft.
i love watching those NBA fights clips with all those 80s/90s stuff
pimp.gif

Kurt Rambis is from my city
pimp.gif
, we ain't soft man
nerd.gif

I don't think it's a matter of players being soft in this era. Guys just had more passion for the game back then. The league used to be extremelycompetitive (80's - early 90's). It's just not the same anymore. Guys are playing for contracts.

indifferent.gif
@ Tommy Heinsohn saying "its all part of the game"when Rambis tried to attack McHale....I would love to hear what he said when Rondo was clotheslined.�

Originally Posted by BbEAR017

I don't think it's a matter of players being soft in this era. Guys just had more passion for the game back then. The league used to be extremely competitive (80's - early 90's). It's just not the same anymore. Guys are playing for contracts.

This is so true. So, so, so true. You can tell because a lot of guys just lack a lot of the basic skills that would help their team win. Some of that isother reasons but a lot of it is guys just not wanting to spend the same time in the gym after hours that Jordan did or Bird did or those other guys who tookevery opportunity they had to work on their game and get better. I think the biggest thing today is the lack of defense. Guys have NO IDEA how to play defenseso they just flop instead. And then flopping leads to all this acting and showmanship and the end result is the product we have today. If things keep going asthey are, the NBA is going to have to go the route of the WWF and start calling itself "Sports Entertainment"...

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

indifferent.gif
@ Tommy Heinsohn saying "its all part of the game" when Rambis tried to attack McHale....I would love to hear what he said when Rondo was clotheslined.�

so true

My question is why is the foul on Rambis considered a "great" moment in NBA history, when the same foul today is practically a crime againsthumanity? The NBA is so soft now.

I was laughing at this the other day, somebody was saying that if Tony Parker was in Brent Barry's place he would've had the EMT's check him andthen get up and hit the free throws.

I hate how soft the league is these days but I'm guessing that with all the money teams have at stake on all their players these days, injuries would be abig blow to a team.

Originally Posted by kb8 3qwick

I was laughing at this the other day, somebody was saying that if Tony Parker was in Brent Barry's place he would've had the EMT's check him and then get up and hit the free throws.

you already know he would

Rambis was that dude
pimp.gif

He must SMH'ding from that coaches bench all the time at the weanieness of todays players.

Back
Top Bottom