ATTN NT Basketball Players!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing some research for Jordan Brand for performance feedback on basketball shoes and apparel.  If you are reading this, I would like your feedback on the that aspect.  Post your feedback some important needs you personally have in a basketball shoe, what are you motives to buying basketball shoes, where do you buy you shoes, how do you find out info about the shoes.  I would like to know what shoes you play in and why you play in them.  
Also I need feedback about Jordan Brand performance basketball shoes.  This EXPLICITLY excludes feedback about ANY RETROS even if you play in them.  Which JB basketball shoes do you like? Why? Which ones have you played in?  Would you buy JB basketball, if not why not?  What do you NOT like about JB basketball.  I would like to know what shoes you play in and why you play in them.

Please if at all possible, include pics of your shoes, and action pics of you playing.  If you have ANY questions at all don't hesitate to message me.  Again this feedback is going to corporate JB so you have the opportunity to provide some great insight and help to make the brand improve significantly.

I had a feeling you would want to EXPLICITLY exclude any talk of retros because they already know what the plan is with those. But since you want feedback on basically team jordans, i think the problem for jordan brand is simply over saturation, they made some good money back in the 90s by putting effort into making the shoes something innovative, then in the 2000s they recycled and recycled and recycled designs, now jordan brand is basically a recycled old brand. The melo, and wade lines are also nothing new, chris paul has a couple sneakers and i cant tell any of them apart.

I don't actually play in JB products too often, but I decided to break out my cool greys last year for my senior night.  They absolutely killed my feet.  It felt like my feet were on fire whenever I would cut.  I wore these to play in strictly for style, not for performance purposes.  I don't buy the newer JB basketball performance shoes because I don't like the look of most of them.

I buy my Jordan Brand shoes from Finish Line because I am employed there.

Edit: I thought that also at the beginning of the second stanza meant we were open to talk retros in the first stanza. whatever

i was told never to hoop in retro jb stuff. ruins your body and your sneakers

People play ball in Jordans?

Wait Jordan makes performance shoes with something other than 'air"?

lol News to me.

Mayden's gone. Edwards gone. Performance....... gone.

I will say I liked the AJ 2011. The performance aspect of the Marquee line was there but seemed a bit too gimmicky. I payed less than retail cuz of my employee discount at the time but when it comes to performance, the Kobe's and Bron's of the world seem to have passed Jordan brand by. I mean, they are just now implementing 360 air, hyperfuse, flywire, etc. When the brand used to be known and widely considered the cutting edge of bball footwear, they have bee left in the dust simply because of the laurel resting they have done with the retro product. As far as there clothing I haven't purchased JB clothing in ages, probably 4 years since I used to snag the clearance shorts and stuff just to play or run errands in. Now even nike has moved ahead with the light weight Kobe shorts and dri fit tops/tees.

As far as what I look for, Fit is super important due to me having a wider foot. Great traction, ankle stability without straps/harnesses/etc., and good to great cushioning. I prefer zoom because of the response but was in live with the Bron 8/V2's ability to allow good transtion through the gait but not be overly soft or too firm so my insteps hurt. The V3 ruined it with the over stiff shank and heel max/ fore zoom thing. The Kobe gaveme a low profile but great court feel. I likened it to wearing super cushioned football boots like a mercurial.

Jordan Brand fell off after Jordan retired for good. You won't find another player that can replace him. Closest you'll get is Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc but they are tied up with the Nike Basketball Division. Unless you can get one of them or someone that is well known mainstream, JB isn't going to be successful with the product they put out alone. I think it's best to get some of the newest and promising NBA players into the JB circle and market towards the future. Just my take on it, I'll leave the other discussions to others.

Used to play in Jordan XIV exclusively from release until December 2009 (with brief attempts of using XVI, XVI low, and XVII low). They were all too heavy/clunky, compared to the XIV. Since December 2009, I switched to the Kobe V, and now Kobe VI. They are light, mold to my foot, breath!, and their traction is superb (traction was biggest complaint in XIV).

I won't buy anymore JB's for bball since Jordan's done, not a fan of DWade, etc. Honestly, I'd probably try a DRose sig shoe before another JB (maybe JB shoulda signed him eh?)

The only J's that feature any real modern tech anymore are the premier models i.e. 2010, 2011, which cost an arm and a leg extra solely for the Jumpman on the shoe. I've hooped in LeBrons and Hyperdunks mainly for the past 2-3 years, my current rotation including the LeBron VII PS, Hyperfuse 2011, LeBron 8, and Hyperdunk 2010.

Most Jordans supposedly designed for hoops today are generally poor quality, non-innovative, and cheap or "second tier" looking.  They just look lazy (much like MJ himself these days).

DWade's new shoe is supposed to be the most technologically advanced Jordan shoe yet, right?  That's great spin and I'm sure the tech will be interesting, but it LOOKS like an And1 shoe from the 1990's.  The Fly Wade 1 was tolerable, but even then looked like a somewhat cheaply pieced together, lazy design.

Jordan Brand needs to re-learn how to successfully integrate innovation with elegance in their performance shoes.  Quit spitting out these lazy, garbage designs with oddly placed and sized Jumpman logos.  Create an elegant and functional shoe, and make an effort to educate the consumer to buy the Jumpman for the right reasons - top notch performance that only Jordan can deliver.  Jordan 2011 kind of got back to this, but still falls short.

However, I am intrigued by the .0 shoes (i.e. Jordan 8.0).  Updating classic numbered Jordans with today's technology isn't a bad idea if for shoes designed specifically to play ball in.  Personally, I'd like to see the Jordan XII adapted to a Jordan 12.0 with a full hyperfuse upper and everything else remaining the same (Full-length Zoom, carbon fiber plate, and herringbone traction intact!).

Whatever happens, JB better watch out.  Under Armour is really stepping up their design game.  Their newer models exude a certain elegance that JB seems to have largely lost, and are being proven to outperform Jordans on the court.

EDIT: Also, I will confess that Ray Allen attracts me to Jordan products far more than Melo, CP3, or Wade.  Something about those 3 just doesn't seem on par with what Jordan represented during his playing days.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

3 pair of sock though?

My feet slid around in them a lot when I wore them for a shoot around with two pairs of elites so I went with 3.

Most of the team stuff looks cheep and un iteresting to mee, but i play a lot in the Qfight 2011 , great shoe ( The last great JB shoe for me was the xix low )
I agree with the other posts, cut down on qty and increase quality and performance

I would imagine that most of JB's profits these days come from the sale of retros, so this whole strategy of EXPLICITLY ignoring concerns and complaints about your best selling product can be viewed as a slap in the face to your biggest consumers.

There was a time when I only balled in Jordans, but that ended a few years ago when I finally tried on a pair of LeBrons and never looked back. I knew the quality of Jordan Brand's products was declining, but I didn't realize how bad it really was until I tried something else that was the same price and superior in every way including: comfort, materials, quality, performance, durability, and design/appearance. I wish I made that switch years sooner.

Jordan Brand has been getting by for years off the strength of Jordan's name and logo while offering an inferior product at an elevated price. They put no effort into using the best materials or putting out the best product possible. There's no innovation. No distinguishing characteristics. No creativity or new ideas, just retreads of designs that worked in the past.

JB has 3 great players in D.Wade, CP3 and Melo but none of them are receiving the signature athlete treatment or marketing/promotion that other stars at other brands are receiving. What's the point of the new D.Wade commercial, you can't even see what shoes he's wearing. Chris Paul has had 4 or 5 signature shoes and there hasn't been a single memorable design or feature about any of them. Has Chris Paul even had his own commercial advertising his own shoe? Up until a few years ago I actually did like what JB was doing with the Melo line; but what happened after the M5? Did they just stop trying?

F JB!

It's a lose lose situation buying your products. New designs suck, and the old designs' quality sucks. It's the slap in the face that ybd refers to that turn true JOrdan collectors away.

Last quality product you guys put out were banned Is, and prior to that was dmp 11s.

damn.. i wanted to say jordan's suck for ball before all these posts but i didn't want to cause a storm.

looks like i'm not the only one.. i absolutely hate them, and will never buy a pair of jordan's. i currently wear kobe's and hyperfuse... i'll wear a pair of lebrons before i wear jordan's #fact

Don't hoop in jordans now. used to wear retros back when the Xs and XIVs came out. Also wore XIXs, XXs and XXIs and all were solid shoes.
Mostly use Kobes and sometimes wear some other Nike basketball stuff but Kobes are above the rest IMO.

i think the OGs and retros made before 2005 for the most part and decent to great quality. Favorite retro to ball were my 2001 cool greys. I also feel like 2010s and 2011s werent appreciated enough as good performing ballin shoes.

Post this in the Jordan Brand forum for a better response G.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

3 pair of sock though?

My thought exactly
grin.gif

Originally Posted by clkru

EDIT: Also, I will confess that Ray Allen attracts me to Jordan products far more than Melo, CP3, or Wade.  Something about those 3 just doesn't seem on par with what Jordan represented during his playing days.

Fact.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Jordan Brand  NIKE has been getting by for years off the strength of Jordan's name and logo while offering an inferior product at an elevated price. They put no effort into using the best materials or putting out the best product possible. There's no innovation. No distinguishing characteristics. No creativity or new ideas, just retreads of designs that worked in the past.
Let's be clear, the largest benefactor of this is NIKE INC. If Jordan Brand's sales were to wane, Nike would suffer greatly. Without Jordan under their umbrella, the value of Nike stock would crash as well. If you don't believe that, then most of you are as dumb as you look, while buying two hundred dollar Nike hoops shoes, that are now made out of plastic. 

Back
Top Bottom