At what point during his career did Lil' Wayne cement himself as one of the best?

To me it has to be when he got on Rap City and did that verse from BM Jr, after that I knew that he was gonna be a problem.  Either that or the summer when Drought 3 came out and literally EVERYONE in my city knew every song word for word. 

Man I miss those days when Wayne would **** on anyone's song.  His run has to be one of the greatest ever. 

What NiqueFreak said. "Da Drought 3" changed Hip-Hop and Wayne's career from then on out. (Might have exaggerated in the "Changed Hip-Hop" comment) but Wayne had taken rap by storm when that critically acclaimed tape dropped.

Dedication 2 started the wave, drought 3 took it over the edge.

Last edited:
For me it was when he did that a capella on rap city.

Wayne in that era>>>>>>

Tha Carter II > Dedication 2 > Like Father/Like Son > insert feature here > Carter 3 Sessions

Last edited:
he cemented his legacy with carter 3 first week sales and 954k first week sales for carter 4 was the ribbon

as for "best" is objective , his peak was carter 1 in my opinion

Last edited:
That's not what OP is asking though.
His run from Tha Carter II up to Carter 3 Sessions cemented his legacy.
oh i see what you were doing.
you put the ">" which is used for greater than so i figured that's what you were saying. i got you though.
in that case i don't know your lifestyle or where you were when he was getting hot but the only thing that
can compete w/ Drought 3 for that #1 spot is Dedication 2.
every car in the streets...i mean EVERY car was bumping that Upgrade U freestyle
Drought 3 was IT.

Real talk NT is the reason i dl'd the dedication 1...I remember that thread..but I knew he was a problem dedication 2

i'm like a pool table i keep the 8...my side pocket sideways when i pop it leave a ***** sideways for 5 days :x

It was when he started messin with the Dips. Had he never linked up with he woulda never blown. Their cosign and "swag" sparked his whole wave.

I have to go with The Carter 2. I liked The Carter and people love to say it's better but it's a southern album whereas 2 solidified him nationally.

Carter two, dedication 2, drought 3 plus the millions of ill features he had during that time.

Back
Top Bottom