Are you guys worried yet?

iblink

Banned
Bailouts
Crisis'
Collapse
Unemployment rates sky rocketing.

Real talk... 2009 seems like it's going to be one for the history books. I've had my TV on CNN for the past 3 weeks following the state of our union asbest as I could while juggling school and other things. I'm getting worried now. My mom's struggling with bills, I've amassed 7K in student loans,my credit cards are maxed out, etc.

My professor predicted that college is kinda like a safe haven for now. He thinks that by 2012 things will pick up and the market will finally begin to showimprovements.

Anyone else feel the crunch yet?

I BEEN worried. Thing is, monkey wrenches are coming in higher frequency now so I have to keep adjusting some of my plans if certain things happen. And whatthe hell does that mean..College is a safe haven?

edit: AND HEARTBREAKS

Originally Posted by iBlink

Bailouts
Crisis'
Collapse

Real talk... 2009 seems like it's going to be one for the history books. I've had my TV on CNN for the past 3 weeks following the state of our union as best as I could while juggling school and other things. I'm getting worried now. My mom's struggling with bills, I've amassed 7K in student loans, my credit cards are maxed out, etc.

My professor predicted that college is kinda like a safe haven for now. He thinks that by 2012 things will pick up and the market will finally begin to show improvements.

Everyone on NT knows that we're going to be roasted in 2012, man.

I'm not really worried...actually looking to 2009. Getting by BS in the Spring and going to continue on with my master. Going for a new beginning from mycurrent life.

Make smart decisions...that's all I can really say
ohwell.gif

Please my parents been living in povert son. Bad economy ain't avlbout to effect me cause I'm joining the air force

I try not to think about it.

I was worried about the job thing myself but my sister just has like 6 corporations trying to hire her.

I have a scholarship so i'm not paying for school outta my pocket, actually since i commute i get refund checks so its like i'm getting paid to go tocollege

I don't think enough people are aware of how close to a crisis the world is in terms of resources. We just had a replay of the OPEC I and OPEC II episodeswhere people in the 70's and 80's went nuts looking for alternative energy when oil prices were sky high but then 6 months later when the price is downagain nobody cares about ethanol or anything else.

Water is an even bigger problem. Not just SLR (sea level rising) but the amount of drinkable water on the earth is getting scarce and the population is onlyrising. Economics can get worked out, you can switch off of oil eventually but the scary thing is when people will have to Kevin Costner in Waterworld drinktheir own filtered urine to survive.

Bailouts
Crisis'
Collapse

Real talk... 2009 seems like it's going to be one for the history books. I've had my TV on CNN for the past 3 weeks following the state of our union as best as I could while juggling school and other things. I'm getting worried now. My mom's struggling with bills, I've amassed 7K in student loans, my credit cards are maxed out, etc.

My professor predicted that college is kinda like a safe haven for now. He thinks that by 2012 things will pick up and the market will finally begin to show improvements.

Man relax. Obama is going to be in office come January. Your mother's bills and your student loans, he'll take care of all that.
OBAMA FTW

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

2012 HUH
Thats what i was thinking
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Hopefully things will pan out to be a lot better in 2012... Or sooner. I'm keeping my credit score up and going to school for networkcommunications. I think that field will always have potential. No matter how the economy is right now, I see a bright future for me and my family.... I justcant see myself failing....

I'm not a 2012 believer, sorry.

But if I'm wrong and one of you guys see me in line on judgement day, feel free to say "I told you so". Seriously, I'll admit to being wrongand everything.

iBlink wrote:
I've amassed 7K in student loans

7k is chump change. don't even ask me how much my tuition loans are. lol

Bump that. Debt is debt
laugh.gif

Everybody fall back and have a drink or something....we have faced crisis before and we will face it again and overcome.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Bailouts
Crisis'
Collapse

Man relax. Obama is going to be in office come January. Your mother's bills and your student loans, he'll take care of all that.
OBAMA FTW

smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

I wish it would happen like that, really, I do.
something like this doesn't just go away, it's gonna get rough way before the positive comes

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
OBAMA FTW

Seriously, I'm all for Pres. Obama, but I'm not like that delusional woman on the news who seems to think he's going to personallytake care of her. I believe the man will hold true on his promises, but progress is a slow process and dudes are starting to hurt while waiting.

PhillyPG1 wrote:
Everybody fall back and have a drink or something....we have faced crisis before and we will face it again and overcome.
pimp.gif

I know eventually things will pan out in our favor... but I'm living in the now dude. I've had my drink and sobered up; reality is starting to setin.

NT is full of debbie downers these days. Relax everyone, while there is some bad stuff going on, its really no reason to freak out on the level that everyonehere seems to be freaking out.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I don't think enough people are aware of how close to a crisis the world is in terms of resources. We just had a replay of the OPEC I and OPEC II episodes where people in the 70's and 80's went nuts looking for alternative energy when oil prices were sky high but then 6 months later when the price is down again nobody cares about ethanol or anything else.

Water is an even bigger problem. Not just SLR (sea level rising) but the amount of drinkable water on the earth is getting scarce and the population is only rising. Economics can get worked out, you can switch off of oil eventually but the scary thing is when people will have to Kevin Costner in Waterworld drink their own filtered urine to survive.
you my friend speak the truth

Back
Top Bottom