Are there any women who are actually respected in hip-hop today?

Just curious....

this can cover rappers, models, etc....

Of course there are tons of women that we love to look at (Minaj, Amber Rose, etc)...but I don't see any of them commanding any sort of respect. They arewhat they are, and that is fine...but where are the MC Lyte's, Queen Latifah's, etc? These IMO are women who are respected in many circles in hip hop. Am I off? What's the reason for this shift?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Just curious....

this can cover rappers, models, etc....

Of course there are tons of women that we love to look at (Minaj, Amber Rose, etc)...but I don't see any of them commanding any sort of respect. They are what they are, and that is fine...but where are the MC Lyte's, Queen Latifah's, etc? These IMO are women who are respected in many circles in hip hop. Am I off? What's the reason for this shift?

Is this a joke? Hip Hop is the most misogynistic genre of music
laugh.gif

women...respect....hip-hop
nawwwwww

maybe Jean Grae. and Amanda Diva seems like someone who could be my bff

there goes an old saying something like...

"thou who showeth respect for themselves shall receive respect"

and none of the women in hip-hop that are popular respect themselves
ohwell.gif

out of the bigs names most will recognize ms hill is probably the only one...and badu if you consider her hip hop

Hip hop has no respect for anybody and anything, other that flatout rebellion and ignorance for no real reason other than because they think it's cool

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Hip hop has no respect for anybody and anything, other that flatout rebellion and ignorance for no real reason other than because they think it's cool

yeah, no

In the last 20 years has there been a female rapper that has blown up without a strong male cosign?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Lauryn Hill is the only female who has gotten respect as an equal to males imo
Yup, lyrically she's the only one ever mentioned. Missy has flow and has put out countless bangers though, I won't front.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Lauryn Hill is the only female who has gotten respect as an equal to males imo
Yup, lyrically she's the only one ever mentioned. Missy has flow and has put out countless bangers though, I won't front.
This

Back
Top Bottom