Are the N-word and the OTHER F-word comparable?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

w1qt10.png
I saw this picture posted in a thread in the music forum. It immediately made me think of the 6-letter F-word, a derogatory term for homosexuals.

Then, I thought, because I hate when I hear people use the N-word, due to my love of Black culture and people,What's the difference between me using the F-word and the N-word? I wouldn't ever think of using or justifying the use of the N-word, but the F-word isacceptable to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

Are the two words comparable? I mean, they're each derogatory words for 2 groups of people. Why is one more accepted than the other?

I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss.

*prays for thread to end well*
nerd.gif

In the sense that both populations take great offense when they are subjected to it by people other than their peers? yes
In the sense that one has more history and weight of offense behind it? no.

The homosexual struggle is similar but FAR from congruent to the Black struggle.

edit:

In the sense that both populations take great offense when they are subjected to it by people other than their peers? yes
yep.

i'm black, and i say the n-word...

but i just DO NOT use the f-word.... AT ALL... i will play xbox live and use every word in the book EXCEPT for that one...

i aint gay or nothin... i just think that word hits below the belt... like callin someone a cracker or !@#+*... its certain stuff that you just dont say, andthose are just a few words that i dont use in my vocab to describe someone...

and is there someone in EVERYTHREAD that comes in and request that it be close... some folks really need to be easy...

I wish people would stop comparing the homosexual movement to black culture/history/suffering, etc. It's totally unrelated.

I'm sure the F-word will never become a term of endearment amongst gay people.

On an unrelated note, what type of President do you think we'll see next? Hispanic, Asian, Gay, Muslim, Atheist, etc?

Originally Posted by lysolflow

but i just DO NOT use the f-word.... AT ALL... i will play xbox live and use every word in the book EXCEPT for that one...

i aint gay or nothin... i just think that word hits below the belt... like callin someone a cracker or !@#+*... its certain stuff that you just dont say, and those are just a few words that i dont use in my vocab to describe someone...

and is there someone in EVERYTHREAD that comes in and request that it be close... some folks really need to be easy...

hypocrisy, contradiction. Your post is full of it

Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N

well there are gay people and there are F

F (like dude pictured above)ruin everything for the gay people

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

pretty much hit the nail right on the head

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

i aint gay or nothin... i just think that word hits below the belt... like callin someone a cracker or !@#+*... its certain stuff that you just dont say, and those are just a few words that i dont use in my vocab to describe someone...

how? i call my friends "ni99a" cuz that's us... we are fine w/ that... but i will NOT call someone i am not comfortable w/"ni99a" cuz just that... i'm not comfortable w/ them.

i'm not gonna call anyone "cracker" or any racial thing like that cuz 1. that's not my place 2. i wouldnt want them to cross the racialbarrier and think its okay to call me "ni99a"...

and the f-word falls into that too...

and yes... there is a racial barrier... we all know its there... and pretending like it there isnt is only furthering ignorance. we should celebratedifferences instead of pretending like there not there... boy....

Originally Posted by infamousod

Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N

So nothing ruins anything for black people? SMH

I stand by the theory that you dont have to be gay to be a %%!$!%.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N's

"Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N's "

Read this comment again carefully, that should answer your question

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

how? i call my friends "ni99a" cuz that's us... we are fine w/ that... but i will NOT call someone i am not comfortable w/ "ni99a" cuz just that... i'm not comfortable w/ them.

i'm not gonna call anyone "cracker" or any racial thing like that cuz 1. that's not my place 2. i wouldnt want them to cross the racial barrier and think its okay to call me "ni99a"...

and the f-word falls into that too...

and yes... there is a racial barrier... we all know its there... and pretending like it there isnt is only furthering ignorance. we should celebrate differences instead of pretending like there not there... boy....
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

/THREAD

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N's

"Chris Rock said there are black people and there are N's "

Read this comment again carefully, that should answer your question
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Threads like these should just not be made imo.

OP should know better

why not? it just gives us somethin to talk about, and different views from different people... just cuz it makes folks uncomfortable doesnt mean it should beignored...

Back
Top Bottom