Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.2%
  • Case

Votes: 280 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
My work phone is a 7. Battery is trash. I wasn’t going to pay for a replacement battery so I just got a battery case that’s compatible with the 7 & 8 for $25.

My work wasn’t going to get me a new phone until November.

Anyways. Still waiting on my Apple Card

I’m upgrading b/c why not. I really don’t need to, but I want to so bump it. Honestly, most of us don’t “need” to upgrade, but if I did everything by what I needed, I’d have no new ****. :lol:

Can’t wait to use the new camera. :pimp:

I definitely get what your saying but I think the point was the X is rock solid.

Easily the most longevity I've ever gotten out of any iPhone or any phone.

I'm almost at 2 years and the speed and functionality are unchanged.

Battery just started dipping earlier this year which is annoying because it was so good that I still forget to charge my phone. After 2 years it still gets me through a 12 hour day.

I’ve had my XS max since the drop. Used a wireless charger about 98% of the time.

Anyone wanna compare their battery health for someone who uses a wire charger most of the time.

For those that don’t know how to do this.

Settings. - battery- battery health.

Attachments

• 38A32F73-CE55-4B61-9250-B82150A351C1.jpeg
    38A32F73-CE55-4B61-9250-B82150A351C1.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 50
I’ve had my XS max since the drop. Used a wireless charger about 98% of the time.

Anyone wanna compare their battery health for someone who uses a wire charger most of the time.

I'm at 96%. Had mine since release date and never used a wireless charger.

Had my X since around November of 2017. I use a wireless charger at work and my health is 83%.

I doubt the use of a wireless vs wired charger contributes too much towards battery degradation. If you have a lower capacity that just means that you’ve used your phone more and have discharged/recharged the battery more than someone with a higher capacity.

Copped a XR for super cheap ($400 Canadian) through a loop hole through a carrier here..

It’s good enough for me. Originally I was going for the XS series but I’m content.

Gonna sell my 7 plus and the phone will essentially be a free upgrade (I’ll prob come out on top at the end)

Best update to IOS 13 is Car Play. Apple finally stopped being lazy and updated in a big way:

I installed IOS 13 public beta 7 last night and man what a difference :pimp:

Last edited:
I need carplay in my car. Honda needs to get their crap together. Every other big manufacturer released an update to their 2015 models except Honda.

Need ios13 to just release. What’s timeline for that?

Probably 2 weeks from now. Around the time Apple does their event showing their new iphone models for the year which would be September 9th or 10th.

Heck if you really want just enroll and download the public beta right now. We are close enough and it isn't as buggy as earlier beta versions a few months back.

I need carplay in my car. Honda needs to get their crap together. Every other big manufacturer released an update to their 2015 models except Honda.

I think you mean Nissan(Infiniti) and Toyota(Lexus). Honda adopted Apple Carplay in the Accords and Civics back in 2016. Only manufacturers that had adopted Apple Carplay before Honda in 2015 was Hyundai and KIA.

I remember receiving an email that Mazda offered Apple CarPlay upgrades.

I thought it was free, since our CX5 was fairly new. Nope lol

I think you mean Nissan(Infiniti) and Toyota(Lexus). Honda adopted Apple Carplay in the Accords and Civics back in 2016. Only manufacturers that had adopted Apple Carplay before Honda in 2015 was Hyundai and KIA.

No I’m talking about manufacturers releasing updates to their older models.

Mazda released an update for the 2014 models and up.. its $500 but still better than buying a new car. I would give Honda $500 to add it.

Either way, carplay was SUPPOSED to be in the 2015 Honda’s but got delayed and eventually scrapped. They had a beta test going on as well but never made it to the general public.

I remember receiving an email that Mazda offered Apple CarPlay upgrades.

I thought it was free, since our CX5 was fairly new. Nope lol

Yeah a Mazda dealer is looking to charge $400 to $500 for parts and labor. I bought the part of ebay for $150 shipped and found a local car audio shop to install for it $60. Or you can install it yourself if you are comfortable doing the install.

Here is the part:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Appl...459215&hash=item2cdc965fac:g:M~4AAOSwE~pdDQr4

Here is the DIY install:

Last edited:
Isn’t the new phone supposed to come out next month? No rumors or is it no upgrade that no one cares

Feel like I haven’t seen or heard a single thing in months

Exactly my same experience with the Max using wireless charging

Isn’t the new phone supposed to come out next month? No rumors or is it no upgrade that no one cares

Rumors are everywhere, you just aren't looking at them. It's expected to essentially be an XSS if you will, with a triple lens camera.
"Radical" new iPhone is supposedly dropping next year, but i'm not waiting that long. Especially when touch ID is coming back 2021.

plenty of rumours

off the top of my head:

- 3 models, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- Pro models with 3 cameras
- Regular model with 2 cameras
- improved low light camera quality like the pixel series
- same screen sizes as last year
- new colours for XR
- reverse wireless charging
- improved battery life
- possibly a faster charger out of the box
- matte finishes as opposed to gloss
- no more 3D touch... (still getting used to not having it on my XR)
- possibly 128gb starting for storage on the pro models

overall.. nothing special. save yourself the money and buy XS/XS Max/XR when these new ones get released at a heavy discount.

I’m honestly about to get rid of my X’s and finally go Android with the Note 10+. I was on the 7+ up until last year before I got the X’s 64GB.

I’m just honestly tired of Apple and locked down IOS and lack of customization compared to Android. Also I’m good and got the best of both worlds since my work phone is a Iphone 8.I’ve been on iphone since back on the 3GS days.

Also Best Buy is giving me $650 in trade value plus 0% interest for 24 months financing the Note+ 10.

Imma have my X paid off in Nov

Dont feel the need to upgrade this year so im gonna enjoy having a paid off phone for the year

Back
Top Bottom