Anyone own a Nike+ Fuelband?

What is Nike+ Fuel anyways? Is it just some arbitrary number Nike gives you? It doesn't seem to be based on calories burnt and that would have been the most logical choice. So did Nike just decide "well, if you jump ten times, I'll give you 100 Nike+ Fuel point! Congrats!"???? Just a  random number they assigned to a movement or action you do?

They added Nike+ Fuel to the Nike+ Running and I really have no idea what it is.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i don't but that basketball+ shoe looks cool

I like the new Hyperdunk+, measuring my vertical and if I've improved is something I'd like to know. I'm interested in how much they can expand the sensors on the shoe.

I like the training+ too since I do plyo at least once a week and HIIT at times, it'll be a good trainer to accompany me on workouts. 

Why do people need a band to tell them how hard they're working out? They should already know
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

Why do people need a band to tell them how hard they're working out? They should already know
laugh.gif

Some simply needs motivation and others doesn't really know how to push themselves. I know a few people who takes it easy with the weights and they do not notice that they are wasting their effort at times.
I know that I certainly ran a lot more when I got the Nike Running+ sportswatch. It made it more fun being able to automatically track my runs on a daily basis and it was somewhat motivating seeing charts of the runs, the maps and how much calories I burnt. Gives a sense of accomplishment even if it is only a virtual trophy. It's also nice to be able to compete in the NT challenges with the system. Any motivation helps.

In case of Nike FuelBand though, it seems more gimmicky than anything. At least with the Nike Running+ I see the miles I ran, the maps, the calories and my progress. With the Nike Fuelband I see Nike Fuel and like I said before, it seems like an arbitrary number that no one truly knows how it's calculated. 

I still stick to my Nike+ Sportband 
ohwell.gif

I recommend it for runners and it is $59 compared to $200 (or whatever) for the Fuelband

It's a Nike Product. Makes You Look Cool and Once You Put It On, you go "BEAST MODE" and Humble Brag to the world.

It's a Nike Product. Makes You Look Cool and Once You Put It On, you go "BEAST MODE" and Humble Brag to the world.
im sure that's the mentality of a lot of people.

"oh, this? its a Nike fuelband."

"oh you didn't know?"

How long have you had the Sportband?

Around two years. I love it actually. It's simple which is what I like, and the main thing is just being able to have a log of what I do each month and yeah as others have mentioned it really does help motivate.

I have one but barely use it anymore. Mine must be messed up. It dies while I'm working out or going for a run. 
mean.gif

I just go the Nike Fuel Band in Ice..it is an ugly design...I have been asked by 4 people in the last 24 hours if it is a hospital bracelet...

I like the digital read out...but I can make not sense of the fuel measurement...I got almost no credit for spinning for almost 45 minutes..probably because my arms were mostly stationary on the bike...also, you can not adjust to a stride for measuring steps...not sure what assumption is being made for a step stride...

It is also very bulky compared to the Fitbit flex...

Nike needs to upgrade to some better colors and a smaller profile...

Back
Top Bottom