Anyone making their way back into shoes?

For the past few years I haven't really cared for shoes and only came to general for the
laugh.gif
and life topics. But recently I started lurking the shoe areas of this forum. And oh my the Adidas D-Rose  Air Max 2011  Jordan XI , Zoom Kobe , zoom KD
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I did not even like the XI before and never had any intent on copping, but I tried this time.
grin.gif

all the xi's & xiii's released over the past few months got me buying more
looking foward to the white cement iv's too

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Ive been off and on with it for the last couple of years.

Same here but mostly Lebrons.

When I get some spare change I swoop up a few.

I am the whole dressing better thing I was on for a few months then I realized I have no aspiration to work in a corporate setting or deal with the corporate world on their terms.So yeah I'm back collecting.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I am the whole dressing better thing I was on for a few months then I realized I have no aspiration to work in a corporate setting or deal with the corporate world on their terms.So yeah I'm back collecting.
Better sooner than later my man. Corporate isn't for everyone, and I know a lot of people who have wasted a lot of years in the work force aspiring to climb the ladder only to realize they reached that glass ceiling years ago.

I stopped collecting shortly after graduating, and I don't ever seeing myself going back to the collecting phase. I might buy a few pairs of Jordans in the future just 'cause, but seeing the quality of JB go down while the prices went up made me realize how insane it was to regularly drop $150+ on a pair of shoes when you can get the same functionality and better quality for a lower price.

But I probably won't... as I've grown older I've become more fond of the minimalistic look, so I'll probably stick with that.

Word I expanded my sneaker taste and started paying attention to quality of materials heavy and started buying a diverse variety of brands . It's really fun digging for older kicks and obscure stuff.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Never left, but I don't buy shoes like I did a few years ago, just a pair here and there
I left by default, moved to Florida, your whip becomes your shoes, not like NYC when you stuntin on the Q, anyway being an older brother, I suffered from "lil bro jackin my kicks" sydrome so Im trying to get what I had.................but damn are they expensive now.................

Ive been involuntarily out the game since x-mas of '09, 3 pairs of spacejams and a nike ID pair if kobe VI's were my last major cop.
Spoiler [+]
Lost my job
I bought a few hoop shoes from the outlets since then but nothing costing more than $30-$50. I just got a job and this year I'm going hard on the closet. I need every olympic shoe, every OG colorway jordans, all the foams and every penny and huarache that drops this year.

Nah in fact I'm trying to sell most of mine. I was never a real collector and don't have many pairs, but I'm trying to get money for them instead.

Lol you Dont leave Sneakers when your on NT constantly. You think you left and try to leave but your gonna get pulled back in.

About to start a new job and I'm more than likely gonna start copping again. Hated that I missed the concords, but I won't miss the cement IV's

Not for me...if anything I want to consciously stop spending so much $ on my shoe buying habit. I might've spent more money this year buying shoes than any year before it and I've been buying for years now..
ohwell.gif
Too many dope Lebrons, Foams, and retro J's though...
30t6p3b.gif

I cant believe so many of you still pay these crazy JB prices. $180+tax for XI? I remember when people would NEVER pay $200 for any pair.

I think I am. I put on an old pair of Nike FC's last night and I remembered how much I love sneakers. Now that I'm older, I have a better understanding of balancing my shoe collection.

There are still some shoes that I would love to own or get back in my closet. If I found a good deal on a pair of Atmos Air Max 1's...I'd jump on that immediately.

real life...

naa, i stopped buying J's after the space jams... ive wanted acouple but i grew up and with growing up comes bills
laugh.gif

ive sold alot of my shoes also... not only that but i find my self wearing a rotation of brown cclark DB's and two pair of vans, and a pair of janoskis... all the time fits my style more...

Back
Top Bottom