Anyone have a Dell Laptop???

I am in the market for a laptop and Dell has some sales going on.

Before I purchased one I thought I would ask the good folks of NT how they like them or even if there is a better alternative elsewhere.

I am only interested in a PC right now, so MAC users need not chime in. Thank you.

i bought one last year.

no complains.

then again i dont know much about computers so i dont know what to complain about. i havent had any problems yet besides the cd-drive being messed up within 2months of buying it. but Dell's customer service was amazing and they sent me a new drive.

Just got one. Love it. I bought it from their "outlet" though, with a 15% off coupon. It was brand new never used and I didn't have to waitforever to get built

Got a Dell Vostro 1710 built before school started. No complaints so far. Hell of a lot better than that piece of crap HP.

I have one, a latitude d600 series (my COB required computer), its an alright computer. I bought my gf on of the cheaper colorful one, doesn't seem to workquite as well

If you get one, make sure it has at least 2 gigs of RAM and such, because once I upgraded my computer to that it runs so much smoother with VISTA.

Well if you want my personal opinion on an alternative...I'd have to say get a MAC. They are a hell of a lot better than a "PC". Sony and HP bothhave pretty decent products though too, so its kind of hard to say.

my battery just died after a year and a half. I probably should not have kept it in the laptop while plugged in so much but I wasn't comfortable havingthat big empty space for dust to get into. but battery is my biggest complaint after owning 2 of these things.

read reviews.

need to go battery shopping now, cya.

I own a Dell Latitude D620 for over two years now. Only one major problem has occured and it was when I was in China 4 months ago. The laptop would not turn onand it turned out the motherboard needed to be replaced. Apparently I bought a great warrant without realizing it, I contacted Dell and they gave me a numberfor their China division to contact since I was in China. Communication was smooth (I speak mandarin) and in no time, the repair man showed up to my addresswith a new motherboard. He not only came to me, but he took my laptop apart and replaced right in front of me. I am very satisfied with Dell's customerservice and I think once this laptop is done, I'll buy another Dell.

i got one early this year. xps1500. no complaints. depends on what you want and how you'll use it. this xps1500 is just perfect. gotta look for teh bestbang for the buck.

got one right before i came to college
i got an inspiron 1525
3g ram
250 gb hard rive
webcam
for 500
then you get the antivirus and spyware stuff for an extra hundred
it came out to be like 600 and some change total...
def recommend a dell...

Studio M1530 Love it thus far and for 700 bills with a T8100/4GB Ram/320 HD/Wifi & Bluetooth enable I couln't beat the prices ...

Check out deals2buy.com

I have a Inspiron E1505, had it for about a year so far. It works great, haven't had any problems with it yet

Oh its expired now - but check slickdeals.net, they have a running Dell coupon thread and notebookreviews.com in their forum has a deals and steals threadwhere coupons get posted as well.

It's a good computer, gets the job done, doesn't really give me any problems.

..with that being said, my next purchase will be an Apple

my room mates laptop (which im currently on lol) is a dell xps m1530

its a really nice laptop imo....sick screen and the computer works really fast...

Originally Posted by infamousod

my battery just died after a year and a half. I probably should not have kept it in the laptop while plugged in so much but I wasn't comfortable having that big empty space for dust to get into. but battery is my biggest complaint after owning 2 of these things.

read reviews.

need to go battery shopping now, cya.
That's my only complaint about Dell.

I had a Dell 1525 Special Edition. It was good. Then the disc drive stopped working. I exchanged it for a Studio Edition Notebook. It was phenomenal. T8100processor, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, HDMI, DVD/CD Burner, Bluetooth. I had a lot of fun with it. I decided to read some reviews about it. Read that there wereongoing problems with the slot-loading disc drive and the next day mine crapped out on me. If the computer has good components, the brand name doesn'tmatter much. Look for the quality inside, i.e.: Graphics Gard, HDD, Ram, Processor, Video Output. Take those specs and look across the brand spectrum and youshould be fine. Personally after my experience with my last 2 Dells I'm done with Dell for a while. I got an HP and haven't had ONE problem yet.Everyone has their horror stories so you can't go by what people say. Experience it for yourself and judge for yourself.

Peace.

I've had a dell for 4 years now. I just ordered a New Dell Inspiron 1525 off of ebay for $530 shipped plus 30% cashback so after the "rebate"about $380. I can't wait til it gets here! I'm sure I'll love it though since anything that's even slightly better than what I have now will doconsidering I was very happy with my 4 year old 600m.

You should find a model that you like and then search for it on ebay. Of course make sure it's new and research it to make sure it is what you want. Youmight have to make some sacrifices here or there, but I'm sure you can find something MUCH cheaper than you would ordering directly from Dell.

This is the link for information on the live.com cashback promotion they have going on http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=952519http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=952519. If any of you guys have any questions abouthow it works read the first entry in that thread. If you have any questions that weren't answered after reading that entry or run into problems you canalways PM or ask here. I've already earned cash back a few times before so I know how it works.
smile.gif

i'd recommend that ebay cash back for laptops. make sure to google the model though to see the average price. people have been adjusting their prices onebay for the cash back.

check out http://www.techbargains.com/dellcoupons.cfm for dell coupon codes. dell is also runningtheir "10 days of deals". check out http://forums.slickdeals....duid=156694&t=956603.

i'd recommend a HP just for what you get for your money. they're coming out with some good deals and the laptops don't look too bad either. but iheard their support is weak if something goes wrong with your laptop, not sure how true that is. check out hp coupons at http://www.techbargains.c...l.cfm/296/HP-coupon-code.

and batteries on any laptop will die eventually. actually most electronics that use a battery like a cellphone too. the more times you charge, the less batterylife it has.

Back
Top Bottom