[| -- Anyone going to Buffalo for Black Friday? -- |]

I'm heading down to Syracuse. I didn't want to be fighting with the rest of the Canadians in Buffalo

I'll be in Philly. A cousin works at Microcenter... Black Friday special: 50" Panasonic Viera Plasma = $999
eek.gif

^ If your driving with that back to T.O. make sure you have the TV planted straight up apparently when it's layed down it messes the Plasma up.

Was just watching CityNews and they mentioned that tomorrow on the 6PM Evening News they'll give you tips on how to avoid the border crossing lineups andwhat the new amount is that you can claim when coming back.

Was just watching CityNews and they mentioned that tomorrow on the 6PM Evening News they'll give you tips on how to avoid the border crossing lineups and what the new amount is that you can claim when coming back
New Daily limit??

Im off Friday, was thinking bout headin down, but im not sure. I think Syracuse is the way to go. Hit the Carasel mall, has everything you need minus thecanadian crowd.

Jersey for me...no tax on clothes and shoes...might hit up Flight Club if I have any moola left ovr..

Originally Posted by ali23

I'll be in Philly. A cousin works at Microcenter... Black Friday special: 50" Panasonic Viera Plasma = $999
eek.gif
That's a great deal man. Like DipTO said, make sure its striaght up and down...it is that serious. You hit a bump, flex the glass/plasma sandwichit will crack...or just eff up the gas. Also remember that if anything goes wrong with it, Panasonic Canada won't help you waranty wise. The box is hugetoo, like 4ft high or more, I hope you have a minivan.

Hopefully you know all this, but just wanted to give you the heads up.

Is it the 1080p 50? or 720?..

i can only imagine the wait to get back at the border...not to mention the insane size of the crowds that'll be around there.

a friend of mine is camping out for an slr in michigan already.

laugh.gif
@ All the garbage left in mall and outlet parking lots by Canadians.

I was watching the news and they were showing Nike boxes, Clothing bags, Timberland boxes in all the major mall and outlet parking lots which were obviouslyleft by Canadians trying to pay no duty at the border.
roll.gif

Ended up making the trip to Buffalo as a last minute decision. Overall I'd say it was great for business casual stuff and holiday gifts. Polo/RalphLauren had everything 25%-40% plus additional 20% off until Nov. 25 and Bannana had 40% everything. Macy's had only black McMurdo's for $299 plusadditional 11% off but only L/XL.
eyes.gif
at some stores like Abercrombiehaving absolutely nothing on sale for Black Friday except their regular clearance rack yet they we packed and selling.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif
after watching citynews showing Canadians leavingtheir trash out in the parking lot...not a good look. Thank goodness the drive was smooth and quick depending on the time of day your travelling and waittimes weren't as bad as I thought surprisingly. One thing to note that customs was not messing around. Everyone was getting written up and even saw acustom officer run out and requestion a group of 5 women on the amount of their purchases individually after they paid their dues as their amounts declareddidn't add up. Never seen that before and didn't think that once you paid your dues that they could stop and requestion you on your purchases. Didn't stick around for the finale as I just wanted to leave but I'd definitely do it again but just not in Buffalo next year.

The main reason I went down was to pick up a 32" sharp lcd tv for $600. Foot action had a good sale on, I got black 22's and two full zip hoodies for$86.

Crossing the border I had no problem told the guy I spent around 850 and he let me cross without paying any duties.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

wish i could... i heard some locations would have the ipod touch for $120!

which locations? That doesn't sound right. Anyways, i went to maybe 10 electronic stores and the touches were all the same price.

frankb - Where's you go Buffalo? and what's your background? I'm shocked you weren't stopped.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

frankb - Where's you go Buffalo? and what's your background? I'm shocked you weren't stopped.....
laugh.gif

I went to Syracuse to visit family. I was already ready to pay duty and was shocked when he told me that I could leave. The weird part was that we had aconversation about the tv I bought

Q What's good? It's Alex. Finally got approved again lol.

It was willlld here with tourists. Polo outlet had PRL jeans for $74.99 and 20% off if you spend over $150. I guess that was it though.

Back
Top Bottom