anyone else do the black eyed peas thing for new years?

ive literally been doing this since i was able to eat solids. parents made me. i guess it brings you good luck for the year.

my mom really believes it because she said she didnt do it for one year and that was the worst year of her life.

i dont really like the taste but if you put sugar on top of them, they are pretty good.

anyone else do this?

ive literally been doing this since i was able to eat solids. parents made me. i guess it brings you good luck for the year.

my mom really believes it because she said she didnt do it for one year and that was the worst year of her life.

i dont really like the taste but if you put sugar on top of them, they are pretty good.

anyone else do this?

No, but my wife is making me eat port and sauerkraut.

The pork is very tasty but I'm never sure about the sauerkraut.

No, but my wife is making me eat port and sauerkraut.

The pork is very tasty but I'm never sure about the sauerkraut.

That old black people folklore. Black Eyed Peas bringing good luck. Foolishness.
I love Black Eyed Peas though. Very good when done right.

That old black people folklore. Black Eyed Peas bringing good luck. Foolishness.
I love Black Eyed Peas though. Very good when done right.

My Girlfriend's Grandma does this every year. I am not complaining though, I happen to like black eyed peas.

My Girlfriend's Grandma does this every year. I am not complaining though, I happen to like black eyed peas.

never heard of this tradition thought this thread was gonna be about this song for some reason tho

maybe cause of the holiday, oh well make sure you get drunk after those beans and Mozel Tav

never heard of this tradition thought this thread was gonna be about this song for some reason tho

maybe cause of the holiday, oh well make sure you get drunk after those beans and Mozel Tav

We actually had done collard greens and black eyed peas every year. I got to my moms today and asked her were we gonna eat that again this year. This is what she said verbatim" I get money everyday my N". Mind you she is a middle aged Christian lady. I almost died laughing so no we won't be doing that this year,
laugh.gif

We actually had done collard greens and black eyed peas every year. I got to my moms today and asked her were we gonna eat that again this year. This is what she said verbatim" I get money everyday my N". Mind you she is a middle aged Christian lady. I almost died laughing so no we won't be doing that this year,
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thought it was just my fam

but I didn't eat any to start off 2010 and had a better year than previous years where I did eat them.

laugh.gif
thought it was just my fam

but I didn't eat any to start off 2010 and had a better year than previous years where I did eat them.

I'm not partaking this yr. For one, my mom soaks hamhocks and fatback in them and I'm watching my intake. Plus, it hasn't worked for me up to this point so I'll add this to Jesus, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and other fairy tales I have dismissed from my life in favor of common sense, science, and empirically provable (proven) ideas.

I'm not partaking this yr. For one, my mom soaks hamhocks and fatback in them and I'm watching my intake. Plus, it hasn't worked for me up to this point so I'll add this to Jesus, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and other fairy tales I have dismissed from my life in favor of common sense, science, and empirically provable (proven) ideas.

Back
Top Bottom