anybody still mad the colts gave away their perfect season?

smh.gif

i'm still very disappointed in their decision and i live in new york so i don't really have any stake in their success. just as a fan of football, imean this is disgraceful. i look at this as a black eye for the colts. makes their organization look straight vagina. making fans pay to watch this? throwingaway a chance of history? benching a qb who has never been injured? not understanding your own history which pretty much shows that they lost themselves a tripto the superbowl by resting them..

a damn shame man. created such a distraction ugh

haha^ yeah i'm a giant fan so i don't care much about that. still always nice to have some new york presence in the playoffs though. love that jets D

I hate boston but still would be mad if the patriots just gave away their perfect season and didn't try, it's just not right

it was only a week ago so yes people still talk about it. Depending on how the post season turns out this might be talked about forever.

it's okay to play hard and lose. it's not okay to give up on greatness. manning is a classier guy than I ever could be. I would have walked right backon the field. I mean at least if it was a competent back up qb. wasn't he a third stringer?

Mad? No, but given the history of the Colts and the scrutiny that Caldwell will now be under, confused would be a better word. Just doesn't make sense. Ihonestly think people would be more accepting of the Colts going for the perfect season, having a guy or two go down and not winning the championship than ifthey don't win it this way. People respect the team going for it all and playing hard every snap

Who won the Superbowl in 1983?

And who won in 1972?

You play to be the best ever.

^ The Pats tried and failed. Tell me what you'd rather have....One loss on the entire year coming in the SB or losing one time in Week 16 or 17 and winningthe SB?

It's been this way since...for as long as I can remember. It's not a big deal and part of the game, whether you agree or disagree.

I'm only mad because I had Peyton Manning starting for my fantasy team in our championship week.

Needless to say, his 7 points cost me the championship.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ The Pats tried and failed. Tell me what you'd rather have....One loss on the entire year coming in the SB or losing one time in Week 16 or 17 and winning the SB?

It's been this way since...for as long as I can remember. It's not a big deal and part of the game, whether you agree or disagree.

But the colts have tried this approach before and have failed. When they won the superbowl they had to play all the way through.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ The Pats tried and failed. Tell me what you'd rather have....One loss on the entire year coming in the SB or losing one time in Week 16 or 17 and winning the SB?

they didn't give themselves a better chance to win the superbowl. the years they rested they didn't even make it to the super bowl. manning has neverbeen inured and hardly gets touched, he wasn't gonna get hurt

^ Saying he wasn't gonna get hurt is just stupid. You never ever know in the NFL. NEVER.

I agree 5db4, but what I'm saying is who cares? It's always been like this and whether it works or not, we can't control it. Besides, all thoseyears this strategy didn't work for them, it worked when they won the SB so who knows?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Mad? No, but given the history of the Colts and the scrutiny that Caldwell will now be under, confused would be a better word. Just doesn't make sense. I honestly think people would be more accepting of the Colts going for the perfect season, having a guy or two go down and not winning the championship than if they don't win it this way. People respect the team going for it all and playing hard every snap

Yeah I'm more confused than mad. We know the players and the fans wanted it. Why not go for it?

Back
Top Bottom