anybody got any info about the 8000 tax new home buyers tax credit?

basically ive been lookin for a cheap house, i heard about the 8000 tax credit, i thought i got accepted in time but my real estate agent said the bank approved my loan and everything like that before may 1 (the deadline) but i just talked to her and she said she hasn't heard back from the bank which probably means its dead, i did a quick Google search and i found a page that said it was extended through june 2010? is this true or does it mean something else? i dont follow politics or really watch the news much so i dnt know whats goin on with it, is there any hope for me to still get this deal?

Originally Posted by ToppShotta

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums

Thank me later NT.
wink.gif
I've been active on Biggerpockets for about 4-5 years and it's been great watching the site grow. I encourage anyone interested in real estate to check the site out. It was great in helping me when I first got into the business. 
smokin.gif

i think one thing about it is that you have to live in the house for at least 3 years after purchase.

Don't think it was extended this time..believe you had to have entered into a contract before April 30 so looks like your out of luck.

I got my tax credit 2 months ago. Basically it's free money. Only thing is you have to live in the home for 3 years and I think you can't refinance for those 3 years but I think someone BS'd me with that one. I wasn't aware of an extension but I wouldn't doubt it.

i work in mortgage so this is my field.

in order for you to qualify for the home buyers tax credit:

1. you need to have a purchase agreement sign by april 30, 2010
2. you need to close on the property by june 30, 2010

Back
Top Bottom