All Eyez On Me vs. Street Dreams?

Which song do you think is better? I gotta go with All Eyez On Me. Pac's flow and energy fits in perfectly to the beat while Nas was a bit ehhhhhhhhhhh...Along with such lines like "%+++! pursue me like a dream, been known to disappear before your eyes like a dope fiend."
eek.gif
Speaking of which, who was the original one with that beat since they both came out AROUND thesame time???

Easily "Street Dreams". The beat is more polished then Pac's version. Also, what was dude's name that rhymed on Pac's joint? Was it BigSyke? Having to suffer through that dude's flow was nothing short of pure torture. Having him on the song alone ruined it. Nas strait up ripped that song.Pac did "Pac" on his version, but Nas' flow & content was strait NY hip hop. I really wish people would start giving this man more creditthen they do....

laugh.gif

whoever says street dreams is better, is jus
laugh.gif
LAUGHABLE

who cares bout Big Skye's verse...jus skip after Pac does his thing

Ain't that funny? Gettin put on to crack money
With all the gunplay, paintin the kettle black hungry
A case of beers in the staircase I wasted years
Some n***** went for theirs, flippin coke as they career

Street Dreams off the strength of the third verse

LOL, if you look at it, Pac always put garbage dudes on his best songs. But back to the topic, I liked All Eye on Me better.

I really wish people would start giving this man more credit then they do....

^I honestly don't understand what you mean by that statement, he gets a lot of credit as an artist, could you please elaborate on that highlight?

LOL, if you look at it, Pac always put garbage dudes on his best songs. But back to the topic, I liked All Eye on Me better.
Pac is my Favorite ever, but this is something I always hated about him. And why I hesitate to call any of his albums classic.
Can you imagine how nice All Eyes On Me or The 7 day theory would have been without all those wack guest appearances.

And yes I know he has other albums but those would be easily classics if it wasn't for that.

Nas my dude but im goin with Pac on this. Somethin bout the hook and Pac energy.....

I honestly don't understand what you mean by that statement, he gets a lot of credit as an artist, could you please elaborate on that highlight?
What I meant was, whenever a comparable discussion concerning Nas & any other one of hip hop's legends (ex: Pac, B.I.G, Jay, etc) ispresented, there always seems to be a default concensus which places Nas second compared to any of the other formentioned names. Granted, both of Pac'sverses on that song were mayhem. He went in on that joint. However, even if it wasn't Pac's "best" verse, so many people would conclude thatthe song would still be better then "Street Dreams" just off the strength of it being Pac. It's almost like a given that just because Pac hasbeen revered by so many after his death, that everything he did was flawless. I've always said that I never knew Pac had that many "fans" untilhe got knocked & I say the same thing about B.I.G. To this day, I still feel that Nas lacks the admiration that he truly deserves. They might give himkudos here & there in a Source anniversary issue or somethin', but he really don't be gettin' the accolades that he should. Given the racial& age demographic on Niketalk, I won't even think about entertaining a discussion about Pac & his legacy & all that. All I'm sayin' isthat for everything that Nas has contributed to the hip hop culture, he definetly lacks the respect that he deserves.....

I always thought "Street Dreams" was an awful song . . . So
All Eyez On Me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Street Dreams"

The remix to "Street Dreams" is amazing tho, that 2nd verse is SOOOO dope, I just zone out when I hear that *!!%, it was a perfect median betweenNasty Nas, Esco, and this mature politcal dude he's supposed to be . . . If Nas just stayed in that lane all the time, with the balance of the 3 persona hewould deffinetly be #1 with NO room for arguments IMO . . .

Street Dreams

If for nothing else but the Pink Suit son!!

THE PINK SUIT SON!

When Cam was still outshooting Ma$e on the BBall court!

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

I always thought "Street Dreams" was an awful song . . . So
All Eyez On Me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Street Dreams"

The remix to "Street Dreams" is amazing tho, that 2nd verse is SOOOO dope, I just zone out when I hear that *!!%, it was a perfect median between Nasty Nas, Esco, and this mature politcal dude he's supposed to be . . . If Nas just stayed in that lane all the time, with the balance of the 3 persona he would deffinetly be #1 with NO room for arguments IMO . . .

co-sign, Street Dreams is wack as hell to me, while the Street Dreams remix is a top 10 Nas track IMO

All Eyez On Me > Street Dreams, by far

Holdin gats wasn't makin me fat, snitches on my back
Livin with moms, gettin it on, flushing crack down the toilet
2 sipsfrom being alcoholic, 999 thou from being rich for now I'm all for it
My man saw it like Dionne Warwick, a wiser team for a wiser dream we can all score it...

Easily, and I rock with the late/great Mr. Shakur even more so before he died

^^^^^^not to mention the alternate/bonus 3rd verse to Street Dreams is easily the most underrated **** he ever spit during that 'Escobar'persona...from the flow to the vividness, dude went in

Pandemonium got me puffin' Cambodian
Grand openin's of barber shops and stock
My jew-el rock, tokin' pronto- Livin' like a pablo
Papi like a poncho until the state patrollers pulled us over
found the guns and the good
Had a+$**@+ like 'Nas had to run through the woods'
Sneakin' out the next mornin'- Looked up to God,
guess in all this was a+%!%$%+' warnin'
Took my diamonds in for the pawnin'
Now I'm back on the climbin'
Movin' consigned through rain, sleet, whatever climate
So many ups and downs shiftin', I was twisted minded
'Mazed on top, all the hos and pu_sy had me blinded
Big lip#%@@**$$, suckin' **** rediculous
GS'es and vest-es, larger rays lookin' sentious
Back on the block buggin', how the @+%* I been through this?
Nearly caused my life but now I can't show a cent from it.

anybody who mentions Street Dreams, just further escalates the East Coast bias that is rampant on this board.
Pac, by a landlside.

-J-

Back
Top Bottom