Air Safari Retro-ing Again This Winter?

Not sure if my local store owner was trippin, but he said that the Air Safari 87s were supposed to drop again this year? Anyone else hear this? Thx inadvance

i would love that but i havent heard anything about it... even if they did drop, im sure something would be changed

When they were originally re-released, I waited about 2 weeks to try and find them. Big mistake...they had sold out of most places and were apparently muchmore limited than I could have dreamed Nike would make them.

Luckily I got a pair for retail + ship on eBay, but I know a lot of people would like to see these again.

I had to come in and see what the hub-bub was all about. Hopefully Nike doesn't ruin it by putting metal eyelets for the laces, or making the fittingsmaller or something.

fingers_crossed.jpg

Nike retroed them last year in some terrible colors. I had a pair of the whites, were 29.99 on finishlines website. Tried to make them work, but i needed a 15.Hopefully if they do retro them again, they'll make my size, and make it available.

Originally Posted by SAMPRAS FAN

Nike retroed them last year in some terrible colors. I had a pair of the whites, were 29.99 on finishlines website. Tried to make them work, but i needed a 15. Hopefully if they do retro them again, they'll make my size, and make it available.
This was the problem the first time around. They released so few pairs of the regular orange/black/safari colorway that most people wanted(can't mess with the Biz), but had multiple releases of other colorways that were neither historically significant (i.e., not an original colorway) noraesthetically pleasing.

I mean, the Safari 87 isn't an AF1 or Dunk, Nike can't expect to bring them out in a bunch of other colorways and expect mainstream sales.

I was just at Undefeated on Saturday and I could have swore i seen this shoe up there. I'm not a big fan of the shoe and maybe that's why it wasn'ta big deal, but i swear i saw this shoe there. The one on La Brea. Call them.

The burnt orange color is not the same. it's like a tobassco red color. not even close to burnt orange.
so i wouldn't get my hopes up for those counting on a true retro of the safari 87s.

In a related story, Heineken has struck gold AGAIN with one of their new commercials. Has a bunch of people in a cab rocking out to "Just a Friend"by the Biz.

I have a feeling "Just a Friend" is going to be getting heavy rotation on the radio stations, which I would personally love.

I have a feeling "Just a Friend" is going to be getting heavy rotation on the radio stations, which I would personally love.
...Co Sign on that note.....But I'd expect this to happen more likely in clubs and bars than over the radio.

Originally Posted by Eman25

I was just at Undefeated on Saturday and I could have swore i seen this shoe up there. I'm not a big fan of the shoe and maybe that's why it wasn't a big deal, but i swear i saw this shoe there. The one on La Brea. Call them.

I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure they weren't those Oasis joints either.

I thought this shoe didn't sell well when the retroed them last time.
I passed on these a handful of times for under retail on the bay.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

The burnt orange color is not the same. it's like a tobassco red color. not even close to burnt orange.
so i wouldn't get my hopes up for those counting on a true retro of the safari 87s.
So basically it's the same color as the AM 1 Safari's that dropped last summer?

Originally Posted by macgyver35

like this but slightly dark and more on the red side. It's really not an orange color at all.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these selling at Marshalls during the past year?

^ yup, It was posted in the outlet thread awhile back. They were like $30 or $40 at Ross and Marshall's I believe.

Retro Burnt orange Safaris sold pretty well - these weren't like flying off the shelves but I don't believe they hit the sales rack in most places.Other colorways went on sale... ie. white/blue.

Originally Posted by Sukwonee

Retro Burnt orange Safaris sold pretty well - these weren't like flying off the shelves but I don't believe they hit the sales rack in most places. Other colorways went on sale... ie. white/blue.
I picked up my pair at the Nike Outlet for $25
pimp.gif

If the Safaris are the red color you speak of and not the burnt orange, easy pass.

Back
Top Bottom