Air Jordan XIII Black-True Red 2004 Anniversary Appreciation

KanyIZZY

formerly j o 19
I WAS DOING MY NORMAL "IM BORED LET ME TAKE OUT SOME KICKS AND ADMIRE THEIR ART" THING WHEN I STUMBLED UPON MY DS 2004 PAIR AND REALIZED THAT THEIR ANNIVERSARY IS COMING UP. MY MEMORY WAS PLAYING GAMES AND I FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS THE 10TH BUT …. I ALSO REALIZED THAT ITS ACTUALLY THE 11TH ANNIVERSARY.

I REMEMBER BEING IN COLLEGE PLAYING HALO LIKE A MANIAC AND WAITING UNTIL WINTER BREAK TO COP THESE.. I BOUGHT TWO PAIRS BACK WHEN IT WAS DIRT CHEAP TO DO SO.. I THINK IT COSTED ME LIKE 320 OR SOMETHING FOR TWO PAIRS BEFORE RELEASE DATE..

SOOOO.. IN CLASSIC NT FASHION.. I DECIDED TO MAKE A THREAD TO ITS DEDICATION SINCE I COULDNT FIND AN EXISTING ONE. I HAVE LOVED THESE EVER SINCE I WAS IN THE 7TH GRADE AND IRONICALLY.. THIS COLORWAY WASNT EVEN MY FAVORITE.

THUS.. HONORABLE MENTION GOES TO MY TOP TWO FAVS BEING THE FRENCH BLUE AND THE PLAY OFFS..

WITH THAT BEING SAID.. HERE GOES SOME PICS TO MATCH THE THREAD.. I HOPE TO HAVE A REASON TO WEAR THESE BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS.. TO ANYONE THAT OWNS THE 2004 PAIR… HOW ARE THEY HOLDING UP?

View media item 1726883View media item 1726884View media item 1726885View media item 1726886View media item 1726887View media item 1726888View media item 1726889View media item 1726890View media item 1726891

Last edited:
you going to bust them out and wear them? Might want to start wearing them to break the midsole and glue in.

wish i was into buying shoes when they recently dropped...besides infra 6 this is the greatest to me. a full 360 view is really sick

My favorite Jordan of all time! Still got a ds pair from the last release that im gonna start wearing very soon because my 04s are just about done. Cant wait for playoffs, white/reds and flints to release again! Didn't cop the last time they did

I can say one shoe that has eluded me is the '05 version of the altitudes [emoji]128525[/emoji], top 10 for me

you going to bust them out and wear them? Might want to start wearing them to break the midsole and glue in.

XIII'S ARE ONE OF THE STRONGER ONES WHEN IT COMES TO MIDSOLE BUT YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT... THE PLAN IS TO WEAR THESE BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS.

I love this pair and the shade of red used on them. The 04 xiii completely craps on the 03 xii of the same colorway.

Last edited:
The black/red 13's are my favorite sneakers of all time. Loved them at first sight since the OG's came out when I was in High School. I could not afford them at the time because I was not working at the time. I still got my pair that I brought on release date (which was not during the weekend). I brought two pairs on that night after work for my sister and myself. It was not easy because I brought them around 8:00 pm that day. Since my sister wanted them so much, I brought her's first. I paid over retail for her pair ($30 over retail for a.size 6.5). After that I brought my pair which I was lucky to get for retail at Modells for $162 after taxes. My second pair I brought a couple years ago from Sole Supremacy after the 2013 version came out which I was extremely disappointed in and did not cop for myself. The pair I brought in release date has been worn since I brought them. I do not wear them as much I used to and they are in excellent condition. My holy grails always :nthat:

View media item 1295778

Last edited:
Ah I miss those. Remember going to get them at like 7 AM and there was only like 5 people there. The good ole days

One of my all time favorite shoes. Had OG's but never had the 04's, but definitely appreciated. The last retro was somewhat of a let down because of the no 3M, but I still copped them :lol:

Those 04s are dope I love this colorway if this shoe I just ordered the 13 pair from rif and received them last week and they're still on ice.. Nice you created this thread to show this shoe some appreciation makes me more happy about my purchase because I just had to have these shoes in my collection

Those 04s are dope I love this colorway if this shoe I just ordered the 13 pair from rif and received them last week and they're still on ice.. Nice you created this thread to show this shoe some appreciation makes me more happy about my purchase because I just had to have these shoes in my collection

HAHA NO PROB MAN.. I SEE YOU JUST JOINED.. THIS IS THE KIND OF THING THAT NIKETALK HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT.. GLAD TO SEE OTHERS THAT APPRECIATE THE SHOE AS DO I :nthat:

I can say one shoe that has eluded me is the '05 version of the altitudes [emoji]128525[/emoji], top 10 for me

I love the '05 Altitudes. I remember this was the first time some Js only went to select stores and weren't released at every store with JB account. There were only 2 stores in my city that got them instead of the usual 10+. That was the first time I saw more people in line than sneakers available and most people who showed up early on RD go home empty handed. All this has become normal since then, but the Altitudes were the shoe that really changed the way JB released shoes.

There was some serious hype for the Altitudes well before their release. They were originally expected to be a fall/winter 04 release, but the date kept getting pushed back until they finally released in Feb '05. I remember they had their own full page ad in the JB magazine and when people first saw them everyone expected they were going to be a regular GR retro+, like any other release. Another interesting aspect of the shoe was that shortly after they released, the prices of LS shoes went up $10 compared to GR shoes of the same model. I think they used that shoe as a test market shoe to see what kind of demand they could generate by holding out on the customer and tagging things as limited.

I love the '05 Altitudes. I remember this was the first time some Js only went to select stores and weren't released at every store with JB account. There were only 2 stores in my city that got them instead of the usual 10+. That was the first time I saw more people in line than sneakers available and most people who showed up early on RD go home empty handed. All this has become normal since then, but the Altitudes were the shoe that really changed the way JB released shoes.

There was some serious hype for the Altitudes well before their release. They were originally expected to be a fall/winter 04 release, but the date kept getting pushed back until they finally released in Feb '05. I remember they had their own full page ad in the JB magazine and when people first saw them everyone expected they were going to be a regular GR retro+, like any other release. Another interesting aspect of the shoe was that shortly after they released, the prices of LS shoes went up $10 compared to GR shoes of the same model. I think they used that shoe as a test market shoe to see what kind of demand they could generate by holding out on the customer and tagging things as limited.

VERY TRUE.. ALTITUDES WERE THE FIRST TO RELEASE THAT WAY FROM JB (AND WERE THE BETTER OF THE TWO ALTITUDE RELEASES). I HAD THE ALTITUDES AND ENDED UP SELLING THEM WHILE I WAS STRAPPED FOR CASH COMING OUT OF COLLEGE. I GOT TO WEAR THEM LIKE TWICE SO I WASNT TOO MAD... THESE AND THE FLINT XIII'S WERE REALLY MADE WITH QUALITY.. RIGHT BEFORE THEY STARTED GOING TO CRAP WITH THE QUALITY. AND THEN THE ICE BLUE 10S RELEASED WHICH WERE THE FIRST LS SHOE AND WERE THE FIRST OFFICIAL "THESE ARE LIMITED AND YOU WILL BE MY *****" SHOE RELEASE BY JB.. I REMEMBER LINING UP WITH A ZILLION FOLKS FOR HOURS IN THE SUN AT FOOTACTION ON 34TH STREET

Back
Top Bottom