air force 1 vs bape

pardon me if this topic has been broached before...i did a search and didn't find anything
my question is, how did you feel when bape debuted the bapesta? did you feel they were like air force one knock offs?
for me, they're not touchin' nike, although i think the colorways inspired nike to get more experimental and progressive with their color schemes forair force ones

funny-pictures-cat-can-now-be-removed-safely.jpg

Originally Posted by buildingblock

*airplane noise*

Right when i read that i heard an airplane fly right above my house your physic dude!!!But yea to me bapes looked like knockoffs at first but then i juststarted gettin use to em.

I remember the first time i saw them, they definitely looked like knock offs but as you said i believe if it weren't for bape, Nike would not haveexperimented the way they did.

Originally Posted by june0kang

Originally Posted by buildingblock

*airplane noise*

Right when i read that i heard an airplane fly right above my house your physic dude!!!But yea to me bapes looked like knockoffs at first but then i just started gettin use to em.

Damn.

i believe if it weren't for bape, Nike would not have experimented the way they did.
Definitely agree with this statement. Bape was "stealing" Nike's money with flashy colors, so Nike responded with their own flashycolors.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom