? about air technology used in the dunks and air force 1s

What's up NT,
Can somebody here school me on the air technology that's used in the dunks and the air force 1s? No disrespect to cats who wear them, but they have notbeen comfortable for me (the dunks especially), and I wanted to know where the air units were placed in the shoe. Thanks.

I don't think dunks have air, do they? Forces have it in the heel of the midsole I think.

Dunks have no air at all.

Air Force Ones have Nike Air...it's just buried deep in the heel portion of the midsole.

Dunk SB's have Zoom Air in the heel and I believe all Dunk Premiums/Supremes of 2008 have Zoom Air in the heel as well.

I thought SB Dunks had insoles that have Zoom Air in the heel (but the shoes otherwise lacked any sort of cushioning without the insoles)? Or did that change?

You're right. That's what I meant, I just didn't detail it. Good eye. That goes for both styles SB and Premium/Supremes.

there's no Zoom Air in Nike Dunks that's why they have the insoles with Air Cushioning system...Dunk are make for skateboarding and they don't needthat Zoom Air unlike running shoes and Basketball shoes......

^Dunks have been basketball shoes since they came out in 1985. People have been skating in them since those days as well, but their OG purpose was Basketball.

Woah now, the dunks have the same air the Air Jordan 1 has since the Jordan was based off of the dunk.

I don't think that's necessarilly the case though. The Dunk was the inspiration for the 1, but the 1 probably added the air sole, hence the name, AirJordan 1. The Dunk was never called the Air Dunk. I'm fairly positive that normal Dunks never had an air unit. SB and Zoom dunks would be the only oneswith air. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

i have a question regarding af1s and the air unit... you know air forces like these with the visible air unit at the heel?:

do all air force 1s have that air unit even if it's not visible? or do only the visible air unit af1s have the actual air unit? thanks

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

i have a question regarding af1s and the air unit... you know air forces like these with the visible air unit at the heel?:

do all air force 1s have that air unit even if it's not visible? or do only the visible air unit af1s have the actual air unit? thanks

ALL AF1s have an air unit regardless if it's visible or not.

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

ALL AF1s have an air unit regardless if it's visible or not.
oh ok thanks, funny that my white/caro mid af1s had a lot of heel drag yet i never reached the air unit

I doubt the air unit is very big or very thick in the heel of the forces. It's also probably more toward the top of the midsole, closer to the insole.You'd probably have to run off about 3/4 inch or more of the heel to expose the air pocket.

Also, I believe that every nike shoe with "Air" in the name has air somewhere in the sole or the insole.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Woah now, the dunks have the same air the Air Jordan 1 has since the Jordan was based off of the dunk.
False. Dunks have no Nike Air of any kind. If they did, they'd be known as "Air Dunks."

Any Nike shoe with Nike Air has "Air" in its name.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

3thaman wrote:
Any Nike shoe with Nike Air has "Air" in its name.

I always just assumed every shoe made after the air force 1s (1982) had the air unit in the midsole (not including the retros that did not havethem originally). What about my Nike Legend Mids? I sometimes see them named "Air Legends", but usually they do not have "Air" in thename, and the word is not written on the shoe. Am I correct in believing there is not air unit in them?

I'm fairly sure (not gonna commit 100%) that if the label doesn't say "AIR" it has no Nike Air.

This is why baby-sized Air Jordans used to be known as "Sky Jordans"

Also, if you ever get a chance to look at kid-sized AF1s, they say "NIKE" on the side instead of "AIR" Why? No Nike Air in that particularshoe.

Back
Top Bottom