Abernja - The Collection - Updated 07/09/08!

Since you prob won't read it anyways I left my thoughts AFTER the pics. Feel free to leave me comments.

Needed some "fillers"

Brooks Certified Baby! - IMO better running shoes than nikes. Always wear them for work.

Shoes that were at school over christmas break.

Almost forgot these. I'd say I deserve a new pair.

Small Bio on me.

First off I want to say that I was introduced to NT about 4 years ago by a random NT'er who happened to mention it in my store. I avoided the website foralmost a year. ( I didn't think it was that cool) LOL Eventually I wised up and have been here ever since. This is by far my favorite website on theinternet. It has everything you could ever need. You name it and it's been here. Shoes, cars, girls, finances, music, sports, God, comedy, electronics etc.All in all I think that the Mods do a pretty good job in keeping this site under control. There was a time when I thought it was getting out of hand, but theycame through and did there job to turn things around. It's still not what it could be, but I see it getting better all the time.

As for those who bash my WDYWT posts, (ie: FINL kid, McLovin, and the most recent Screech) I don't hate yall. It gets annoying sometimes, but I knowit's all fun and games. I tend to end up in all the funny pics posts and I made it into that one collage of pics from 2006 I think.

I look pretty young for my age and get bashed a bit for it. Some people on here like to test my knowledge and patience acting like I don't know anythingabout shoes. They assume since I'm young looking I don't have a clue. The truth is, I've owned many of the shoes that you guys would consider yourgrails. I've been around long enough and know what's up.

When I was younger I would literally study the eastbay catalogs. If the shoes came out in the 90's and were either basketball, running, or a cross trainerI could prob 80% of the time tell you what the name of the shoe was and who wore it. I remember calling EVERY single listing in the phone book under SHOEStrying to find some Penny 1's. I never did find them but I did end up with the penny II's the next year. I never really got into Jordan shoes for somereason. I always persuaded my sister into buying them though. LOL

The first time I saw my friend wearing blk/red XI's I got all googly eyed. I knew some day I would own those shoes. From that day onward, till the end oftime those will be my grails. Looking back at some pics I had I found out that I wore Grape and Black V's as a kid. I'm assuming my parents had no ideawhat they were. I don't remember back that far, but everything after the Jordan VII onward I was hooked on shoes.

I'm not sure why I love shoes so much. It's something that I don't think I'll ever be able to explain. Something about an awesome shoe justdraws me in. Unless you're a "hypebeast" or think that shoe collecting is a"game" I think you understand what I'm talking about.

All my shoes have/will be worn. They don't get bought just to look at. I think that's kinda silly. There is a reason behind EVERY shoe I buy. Sometimescuz it's cheap, but usually cuz it's just a great shoe. I've been fortunate to have a Job that makes enough money to get most of the shoes I wantand still have enough left to live what people would consider a somewhat normal life. I don't make tons of money, but I don't drink/smoke/club/partyetc. Without that there is usually enough to go around.

I've worked for Finish Line for almost 4 years now. Mostly been a sales associate but have since been moved up to stock manager. That helps my paycheck alil bit. I've been offered assistant manager postitions a couple times but had to turn them down for various reasons. I'm currently in college inNebraska working on a Business Marketing degree. My boss is quite flexible and gives me the hours I need. It bugs me when I hear employees complaining aboutnot getting enough hours. If they could only see it though my eyes. I am a very hard worker and kinda soft spoken. (not good sometimes cuz you tend to getwalked on) I am always gonna be the first on the job and the last on the job. I do things the right way the first time even if it's the harder way. So mymessage to you youngins out there. - Stop whining if you're gonna work like you're five years old. Remember you are at a JOB, not DAYCARE. PS-Nobody isforcing you to work there.

Oh yeah. Those who still live at home and your parents hassle you about bring home new shoes. After about 30 they think you're crazy and just leave youalone. Just make sure you keep em out of their way.

Sorry I kinda went crazy there. LOL - Maybe I should get a blog!

Anyways hope you guys like my collection post. See ya at 2,500! Hopefully I can add some new family members for next time.

UPDATE - 07/09/08

Haven't really picked up much. Been trying to pay off my bills. Here's a few new things since last time.

ZF 96

OG Garnett 1 - Decided I didn't want them so I sold them.
frown.gif

Zoom Turfs

Custom blacked out XI lows

yeah dude, i was one messin around with your pic on the ps and i never meant you any ill will. i'm glad you take it in stride. i'll refrain from thatin the future. btw - nice collection of shoes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

yeah dude, i was one messin around with your pic on the ps and i never meant you any ill will. i'm glad you take it in stride. i'll refrain from that in the future. btw - nice collection of shoes
pimp.gif
LOL - It's all good bro. BTW - I wish I had your Talarias Thanks for the comments so far guys.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Damn dude, how long have you been with Finishline?
Hire date - 04/05/04 - So almost 4 years. - That's where I'm going right now. It's my first day back in Nebraska. Florida is much betterthough.

nice collection man....I like almost everything you have......I read your post and agree with almost everything you said....I used to work at Finish Line inUpstate NY but have since switched over to Champs to enjoy the 50% off discount and working on commission....I remember Finish Line's stock room beingcrazy though - everything in numerical order. Being soft spoken isn't such a bad thing, but don't let yourself get walked all over and you'll bealirght.... Good luck with everything and I look forward to seeing your 2500th post....you will probably have added some more crazy stuff by then

Nice collection, like your jordans. And your are doing it the right way... working hard to feed your obsession. And there's no problem being soft spoken.It means that when you do speak, what you say has more meaning because you've been putting in all that thought while others were letting their mouths run.

What's that thing above the yellow Brooks?

Dope .... nice collection.... What FNL do you work at... whats your ACC % MULT %... lol jk

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

Nice collection

btw, did you get your jumpsoles from ebay?

I bought them direct from the company about 8 years ago. I used them for about a month and gave up. LOL
Originally Posted by cbpresent

I don't know how you've worked at Finish Line so long, what a racist company.
Care to explain?
Originally Posted by lafayquinn

Nice collection, like your jordans. And your are doing it the right way... working hard to feed your obsession. And there's no problem being soft spoken. It means that when you do speak, what you say has more meaning because you've been putting in all that thought while others were letting their mouths run.

What's that thing above the yellow Brooks?
Those are Jumpsoles. A plyometric training aid to help boost you vertical jump.
Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Dope .... nice collection.... What FNL do you work at... whats your ACC % MULT %... lol jk
238 - Lincoln, NE
294 - Orlando, FL

I'm stock manager so I'm not on the sales floor.

Back
Top Bottom