A look at the 2008 NFL Salary Cap and Free Agent listing

<please note that this is from late September before Tony Romo and a few others signed contract extensions, so the numbers may be slightly askew. ifincorrect please let me know>

2008 CAP COMMITMENT (with number of players under contract in parentheses)

Tennessee (34) $71.842 million
San Diego (44) $79.729 million
Buffalo (44) $81.177 million
Cincinnati (44) $81.268 million
Jacksonville (42) $82.263 million
San Francisco (46) $83.472 million
New Orleans (37) $84.076 million
Arizona (36) $86.531 million
Dallas (40) $88.593 million
Miami (40) $88.622 million
N.Y. Giants (46) $89.156 million
Oakland (40) $90.133 million
Cleveland (41) $90.306 million
Houston (38) $90.951 million
Detroit (40) $91.488 million
Tampa Bay (47) $92.869 million
Kansas City (43) $94.132 million
Green Bay (47) $94.506 million
Chicago (49) $94.857 million
Pittsburgh (39) $95.017 million
Denver (41) $95.279 million
Minnesota (45) $95.794 million
Philadelphia (48) $96.051 million
N.Y. Jets (43) $98.231 million
Seattle (41) $102.206 million
St. Louis (38) $103.059 million
Indianapolis (42) $104.561 million
New England (42) $105.131 million
Atlanta (47) $108.861 million
Carolina (34) $109.899 million
Baltimore (42) $110.014 million
Washington (45) $136.270 million

Projected cap = $116 Million

-----------------------------------------------

"Big" Name Free Agents

U -Unrestricted
R - Restricted

QB
R - Derek Anderson
U - Rex Grossman
U - Daunte Culpepper

RB
U - Michael Turner
R - Marion Barber
U - Jamal Lewis
U - Fred Taylor
U - Julius Jones

WR
U - Randy Moss
U - Bernard Berrian
U - Patrick Crayton
U - Bryant Johnson
U - Brandon Stokley

OL
U - Alan Faneca
U - Ruben Brown
U - Flozell Adams

DL
U - Jared Allen
U - Justin Smith
U - Terrell Suggs
U - Albert Haynesworth

LB
U - Karlos Dansby
U - Tedy Bruschi
U - Demorrio Williams
U - Kawika Mitchell

CB
U - Asante Samuel
U - Marcus Trufant

-----------------------------------------------

So... if Asante doesn't get resigned... could we see Asante/Pacman in Tennessee?
nerd.gif

id let crayton go if we could make a run at moss lololol ... but forreal, cowboys hava a rack of people on that list, i'd like to see everyone back withthe addition of berrian or johnson if t glenn is done his career ... amd we are one asante away from being dominant in the league

Pats/Cowboys are about to get hit hard. Barber/Julius both up for Dallas, Asante/Randy/Teddy up for NE.
frown.gif

could we see Asante/Pacman in Tennessee?
eek.gif

That or maybe GB. Harris/Asante
eek.gif

Just noticed Crayton/Flozell for Dallas too. Dang.

Carolina's cap situation is
sick.gif
It's even worse than the Skins. The average player on their team is making 3 and some change.

Washington (45) $136.270 million

Projected cap = $116 Million

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I wonder if Springs will to restructure this offseason?
laugh.gif

Asante needs to come to Dallas. But I can see us getting outbidded.
ohwell.gif

Crayton and Barber must be resigned.

I don't know if Gurode would like it but I'm praying Haynseworth comes over. Funny thing is in the SEA-DAL playoff game, Hamlin kicked JJ and they wereready to fight. A year later Hamlin is working out great.

All in all I hope we make a run at Suggs.

our front seven is crowded though...

If Asante goes to Dallas
smh.gif

I think the Pats will give 'Zant a good offer....I think they realize that they have Ellis Hobbs and Randall Gay....and #29

Those ore some good DL that will be available.....

Well, heres the year that the Cowboys decide on either Julius or Marion. I mean, the two back system works, but if Julius asks alot of money.... look out.

please note that this is from late September before Tony Romo and a few others signed contract extensions
Romo's contract was SERIOUSLY front loaded this year, so his number against the cap will be minimal next year. Jerry put as much of that bonusmoney as he could against this year's cap.

Crayton is an RFA, I thought. I want the man back, but wouldn't be real disappointed if he walked. He may get more money than he should...If Jerry can geta first rounder for Barber, do you let him walk?
nerd.gif
Have three first rounders and go get McFadden? I don't think I do, but it's just a thought.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Flozell sign a year or two deal with the Boys to finish out his career. The man jumps off the line too quick alot, but he is avery good LT when he's on his game...But if he walks, that's why Dallas drafted Doug Free this past year anyways, so it's not gonna leave us in abad spot...

Asante won't be coming to Dallas, so let's dead that idea now. He's going to get more money than Nate Clements, and the only way that happens inDallas is if they plan on letting Terence Newman walk after next year, which I dunno if I see happening...Having Zant/Newman out wide would be
eek.gif
smh.gif
though...Move Henry between nickel corner and one of the safety spots, bring back Hamlin...

The only defensive FA I could see Dallas making a legitimate run for is Albert Haynesworth, but only if they don't like what they get from Tank Johnsondown the stretch.

Wow, I just found out why the 'Skins cap is so messed:

Brunell's 6.516 mil cap hit, Cornelius Griffin's 6.166 mil cap hit, Jon Jansen's 8.833 mil cap hit, Brandon Lloyd's 4.238 mil cap hit, ShawnSpring's 7.484 mil cap hit, Randy Thomas's 8.756 mil cap hit, Marcus Washington's 6.445 mil cap hit, and Portis's 8.876 mil cap hit in 2008.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow, I just found out why the 'Skins cap is so messed:
Dawg... right here is why the skins cap is so messed up... you ain't know?

DanSnyder.jpg

Dude is a horrible owner.. he tries to be the george steinbrenner of the NFL, only he forgets that he can't buy his way out of mistakes like George whenthere's a salary cap installed.

i dont think asante to dallas is that far off ... Jerry Jones wants to win and knows he can win NOW ... if the league works out the way it should and the boysplay the pats in the bowl and somehow lose, the only reason why would be our corners ... Jerry would go hard after Asante to make that a different story nextyear ...

I knew Daniel Snyder was the reason, but some of those contracts are
eek.gif
sick.gif

Brandon Lloyd for 4.25 mil? Get out of here...
A BACK-UP QB for 6.5 mil?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I knew Daniel Snyder was the reason, but some of those contracts are
eek.gif
sick.gif

Brandon Lloyd for 4.25 mil? Get out of here...
A BACK-UP QB for 6.5 mil?
sick.gif

Yeah - he's made some HORRIBLE moves the past 5 years, specifically.. he just doesn't get it.. You gotta build championship teams, you don'tbuy them. Look at the most consistent teams in the league and you'll see that... for a guy who is probably very intelligent and business savvy, he suredoes some dumb stuff.

U - Patrick Crayton
he aint goin no where. jerry jones loves this man like a son from what i hear.

U - Fred Taylor
i wouldn't be shocked if he shook because he could get way more touches and goalline carries elsewhere. his age though
ohwell.gif

U - Rex Grossman
This is interesting. A lot of teams need QBs but would any of them make a run at Rex to be a starter when they are prepped to get a QB in thedraft?

U - Daunte Culpepper
same thing with pepp. he's ill to me still, but what teams would make him a starter when most teams that have qb woes aregetting ready to draft a QB in the 1st round? Pepp to Carolina!
eek.gif

same thing with pepp. he's ill to me still, but what teams would make him a starter when most teams that have qb woes are getting ready to draft a QB in the 1st round? Pepp to Carolina!
I still think Carolina is Delhommes team... dude was on FIRE the first 3 games of the season before he got hurt, and the Delhomme/Smith combo hasbeen pretty brutal. But, as with any arm surgery in the NFL, you never know if he'll be the same QB. Wasn't it his elbow too?
sick.gif

Yeah - he's made some HORRIBLE moves the past 5 years, specifically.. he just doesn't get it.. You gotta build championship teams, you don't buy them. Look at the most consistent teams in the league and you'll see that... for a guy who is probably very intelligent and business savvy, he sure does some dumb stuff.
It's not just that... it seems he watches games and signs one-two-three time pro bowlers and exciting players. He doesn't realize youcan't just plug-n-play pro bowlers and expect to win championships. That, and he ALWAYS trades the ******** picks
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

But, as with any arm surgery in the NFL, you never know if he'll be the same QB. Wasn't it his elbow too?
sick.gif
yup, his elbow. the panthers are in the position to be instant contenders with that defense and the weapons they have on offense. If theydon't think Delhomme can cut it, and with David Carr contending for bust of the decade, I'd say they need to get a veteran QB. But I think whateverhappens between DA and Cleveland will determine what happens to Grossman or Culpepper. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them spent most of next season ontheir couches tho
ohwell.gif

same thing with pepp. he's ill to me still, but what teams would make him a starter when most teams that have qb woes are getting ready to draft a QB in the 1st round? Pepp to Carolina!
Have you watched this fool play this year? Fumbles every crucial snap, probably lost a couple games for them with bone head moves,and he does NOTHING that sets him apart. you do not want him leading ur team

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

yup, his elbow. the panthers are in the position to be instant contenders with that defense and the weapons they have on offense. If they don't think Delhomme can cut it, and with David Carr contending for bust of the decade, I'd say they need to get a veteran QB. But I think whatever happens between DA and Cleveland will determine what happens to Grossman or Culpepper. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them spent most of next season on their couches tho
ohwell.gif

I think Pep could be a good back-up somewhere... just not Oakland. Oakland has been a QB cesspool these last couple years.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Have you watched this fool play this year? Fumbles every crucial snap, probably lost a couple games for them with bone head moves, and he does NOTHING that sets him apart. you do not want him leading ur team
I think Pep could be a good back-up somewhere... just not Oakland. Oakland has been a QB cesspool these last couple years.
sick.gif

I thought we made it clear that we're not resigning Julius? I've never been a fan of him... He could easily do without him...

I'd love to see us make a bid for Run DMC... Him and Barber in the backfield and Asante and Hamlin roaming in the secondary would make us
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Make it happen Jerry
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom