A ?? about "Countdown" packs.

s dubl

Supporter
Mods, before you lock this and say there is a countdown pack thread, just hear me out.

Normally when a "Countdown" occurs there is something or something happens at the end right?

So after all the "Countdown" packs have released is JB planning somethnig special?

A special release or something?

What does everyone else think? Or does anyone know anything?

Meant to post this question in the official post, but what the heck.

Is it really going to be the end of retros after all the packs have released?

My understanding is that Jordans will retro after 2008 but won't be very often to build the "special" feeling to collectors and fans again.There's a video on YouTube with Humphrey explaining things.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Mods, before you lock this and say there is a countdown pack thread, just hear me out.

Normally when a "Countdown" occurs there is something or something happens at the end right?

So after all the "Countdown" packs have released is JB planning somethnig special?

It's then going to be the release of the Jordan XX3's.. That's what's going to be special about it.

"Countdown" ............................................... 23.

^the 23's aren't releasing at the end of the year so it's not really a countdown to that particular shoe.

Originally Posted by the5c00tinator

Originally Posted by s dubl

It's then going to be the release of the Jordan XX3's.. That's what's going to be special about it.

"Countdown" ............................................... 23.
23s come out after the first Countdown pack not the last.

Makes sense if you really think about it. Make it harder for any and every one to get the shoes. Less amount of re-sellers (though the few that'll beleft'll inflate prices drastically). Less guess work on fakes. More meaning behind the shoe.

Hype's gonna be epic though.

Originally Posted by skizzel23

it would be business suicide to end retros and try to stand on the team line alone
IMO, it was business suicide in the first place to flood the market with so many retros in the first place. On one hand, I can't blame them for taking the approach since most retros are easy money makers for the brand, but at the same time, just because somethingsells easily doesn't mean you flood the shelves with them. That's part of the reason why white/white and black/black Uptowns are seasonal. I rememberwhen retros were only every few months, then it escalated to every month, to the point where we're at now when you have multiple colors, styles releasingevery week to 2 weeks.

When you keep putting out at that rate, you're going to cannibalize your sales at the same time. People who pay themoney for a retro are the ones that would buy the signature model, since people who cop Team J's usually can't/won't rise up to the $150+ pricepoint of signature releases. So when you have the choice of a Retro 8 at $140, a Spiz'ike at $175, and a XX_ at $185, the signature release is going to bethe less appealing to the average customer.

I see the .5's & fusions as their loophole to fall back on during their supposed retro void. If people don'tstart buying more Team J's then they can offer people retro designs without actually issuing any retros.

Originally Posted by skizzel23

it would be business suicide to end retros and try to stand on the team line alone
They make more money selling the team stuff and clothes then they do selling retros!!! Retros are just a drop in the bucket in the big picture of theirsales!!! Just last weekend I was out to lunch and 4 people walked by me wearing Jordan Brand shoes, NONE of them were retros and 2 of the guys wearing themwere over 50yrs old. The general public could care less about retros they just want something with the Jumpman on it to look cool!!!

23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...........

.....1-2-3-4-5-6... WITH "Nike air"

And, sure, retros will continue dropping

Back
Top Bottom