August 2024 pickup thread

Believe it or not, these are the first shoes I got this year. Some Nike Air VaporMax Plus.
IMG_7758.JPG
IMG_7759.JPG
IMG_7760.JPG
IMG_7761.JPG
IMG_7762.JPG
IMG_7763.JPG

Got mine a couple of years ago. Sending mine back in for a re-glue. I’m glad to see someone else hold these in a high regard.
Awesome! How much wear do you get out of them? I have a pair of the red mids too, but I’ve been too nervous to wear them these last few years. The 20+ year old shroud stresses me out, haha.

The lows have huge nostalgia factor for me - these were the first basketball shoes I ever picked for myself. They were an outlet purchase in Seaside, OR way back when. The white/black/red colorway looks better imo, but haven’t been able to track them down. This pair in great condition aside from the fogged up jewel pieces.

On the one hand, it’d be a fun niche shoe to retro. On the other hand, retail would be disgusting…

I got about 4-5 wears out of them in a span of 2 weeks. My concern was the shox columns initially. But the re-glue is mainly in the forefoot.

Unfortunately, I bought my true size, when I normally buy a .5 size up on older models, but these are too difficult to find, so I bought em lol. These were one of my favorites, so I’m not going to shelf em just yet.

I got about 4-5 wears out of them in a span of 2 weeks. My concern was the shox columns initially. But the re-glue is mainly in the forefoot.

Unfortunately, I bought my true size, when I normally buy a .5 size up on older models, but these are too difficult to find, so I bought em lol. These were one of my favorites, so I’m not going to shelf em just yet.
I went a full size down on the mids. Same story — so rare, had to roll the dice.
Are there usually deterioration issues with Shox? Maybe I just haven’t worn any enough to notice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven’t seen a shox column issue, because the last ones I owned prior to these were in 2007. But my concern was always, ‘“ Can they crumble?” The sole separation was expected, but these columns are new territory for me lol. I never wanted to chance it.

Back
Top Bottom