Perry Mason HBO New Series - Season 2 Monday at 9PM

Premise:
”Perry Mason takes place in 1932 Los Angeles. While the rest of the country recovers from the Great Depression, this city is booming! Oil! Olympic Games! Talking Pictures! Evangelical Fervor! And a child kidnapping gone very, very wrong! Based on characters created by Erle Stanley Gardner, the limited series follows the origins of American Fiction's most legendary criminal defense lawyer, Perry Mason. When the case of the decade breaks down his door, Mason's relentless pursuit of the truth reveals a fractured city and just maybe, a pathway to redemption for himself.”
1592930944751.png

Last edited:
First episode was kinda slow but most series start off that way, I’ll definitely stick with it to see if it picks up.

Was not expecting that double cross.

The reveal father/son relationship is typical of noirs/mysteries but I didn't see it coming.

Black cop is a clear super smart detective getting curbed by racism and that one corrupt detective.

So is this show good.

Tried episode 1 when it first came out and it just didn't hold my interest.

Might give it another shot tonight.

Yall sleep. I watch this show every sunday.
Only 8 eps in total and the last episode is next week. Perfect time to catch up. I like it a lot.

May have to check this out, although I’m skeptical b/c Perry Mason. :lol:

My guy Phil from The Americans is a helluva actor though.....

Naw this isn’t the old black and white show that our grandparents used to watch reruns of when we were all kids...

First couple of episodes was so-so to me but by the third episode it’s been on point...After tonight’s episode though, might be my favorite show of 2020 so far...

Naw this isn’t the old black and white show that our grandparents used to watch reruns of when we were all kids...

First couple of episodes was so-so to me but by the third episode it’s been on point...After tonight’s episode though, might be my favorite show of 2020 so far...

My mans Lalo from BCS would like a word with you.

Finale gonna be crazy cuz Perry running out of time and has barely won over the jury.

That whole baby resurrection was foolishness.

Ennis out here murking all loose ends.

Last edited:
That first scene 🤢

I knew the church or the mom was gonna pull some foolery for that ressurection.

Crazy how the baby really died.

Should be smooth sailing from here on out. Just gotta connect the dots. Perry killed it in the courtroom with that 100k connection.

Ahh man I'm a bit tight/disappointed.

I wanted that confession on the stand :lol: Shorty got by with a mistrial.

Still a bit impressive for Perry but he aint get the real murderer either.

The church giving her a random baby is crazy.

Ennis going out like that was entertaining but he should've got worse.

Last edited:
I was quite disappointed with this ending. But thats maybe cuz i thought it was just a miniseries. If theres another season then i'll get it.

I thought the black cop was gonna take the stand when he quit. Also thought he would have wound up dead after he took the stand.

Mad that BA Ennis got caught slippin. Wish they put him on the stand.

Everyone knew putting Emily on the stand was a bad idea because she geniunely felt like her son's death was her fault. I just wish she would have said "yes but i didnt plan the kidnapping or muder of my son."

Just finished the finale and I still dont know what to make of this show. Maybe this particular story wasn’t interesting to me but I feel overall it has potential to be good especially with such a strong cast. Hope they bring it back for another season.

Season 1 was great & Renewed for Season 2
Perry Mason becoming a lawyer and learning on the fly :pimp:
Sister Alice and Paul Drake :pimp:

1597614978839.png

1597615706736.png

1597616115297.png

I enjoyed this season a lot.

Also kept telling myself that this isn't the Perry Mason I grew up watching with my grandma in the afternoons lol. But when he became a lawyer, I understood lol.

Back
Top Bottom