65k saved up what to invest some in?

Was thinking of buying a rental property but then finding good tenants that pay is a problem. Anyone with Any stock knowledge

In the same boat and wanted to buy a home, but it can be such a headache especially in this market (and if you decide to rent).

I would avoid stock knowledge on a board like Niketalk fyi.

Save 10% of any funds that come your way, whether its cash, paycheck, grocery change, whatever.

i don't know if you realized this or not, but the stock market hasn't been this down since the huge crash in '08...

i'd just hold on to that money until things start to work themselves out.

^^This. I know it'd be preliminary advice.. but i'd still seeking advising from the proper authorities. 65k Can go in a flash if spent unwisely. That being said.. look into Onlive.. imo could blowup soon

With extreme uncertainty in the markets these days I would only suggest looking into commodities. Specifically precious metals, and energy, or even farming real estate.

Originally Posted by Penofski

With extreme uncertainty in the markets these days I would only suggest looking into commodities. Specifically precious metals, and energy, or even farming real estate.

nice avy sun sun
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yourself.
I'd take 10,000 and by US Savings Bonds or a "high" interest CD.
The rest I would keep in a high interest savings account.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Yourself.
a) Do high interest savings accounts even exist nowadays?
laugh.gif

b) 10K is pretty low to see any substantial growth no?

this.

or invest in guns and lots of ammo ... cause once %$++ starts to hit the fan and riots and chaos happens that 65k aint gonna do %$++ for you all the people with shotguns trying to stock up on supplies will become top dogs ....

Was looking at a house in forest hills two fam garage good condition for 300.000 it's a steal for that area. Oh you mad I'm 27

take it all out and keep it in cash, behind some dry wall or in the floor. its about to get srs/

Invest in Marijuana. Either legally or illegally both ways you will make a lot of money.

Thats enough to have a VERY large grow operation

Originally Posted by gboy1230

this.

or invest in guns and lots of ammo ... cause once %$++ starts to hit the fan and riots and chaos happens that 65k aint gonna do %$++ for you all the people with shotguns trying to stock up on supplies will become top dogs ....
This too.

Not so much an investment to make money but definitely an investment to make. Take a look at London right now. What are you going to do when riots come to America? better yet when people have nothing to lose and will do anything to survive?

Please don't be foolish and buy bonds, CDs, or anything of that sort. One day you can wake up and poof vamoose its gone.

lol my man, spot me a 100. just kiddin, unless you gonna do it.

in terms of precious metal, theyre spiked right now so i'd hold off. wait for an ebb if u really want.

in regards to rental property, while it is a "buyer's market" do you feel you'll have enough interest in regards to high traffic or high rental rate in the area?

If stock look into essentials.

seriously look me out with a 100 man, I need some loot for books this semester. smh at grad school.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Yourself.
a) Do high interest savings accounts even exist nowadays?
laugh.gif

b) 10K is pretty low to see any substantial growth no?

a)  Some would be considered "high" compared to what you can find in this horrible economy.
b) Double your 10K with bonds to 20K, while still holding on to your $55K?  It's very slow, but it is growth that would leave cash free when a good investment comes along.

OPs going to get with the pros and take a risk for substantial growth in a short time period.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Also, definitely DO NOT invest in gold. Especially right now. Gold hasn't gone up, the dollars gone down. I know everyone on NT thinks that gold is this highly safe and liquid security because of ninjahood but fact is that it's not. A lot of stock investors are afraid to invest in precious metals because it's a real tricky business.
Lets dissect this post.

definitely DO NOT invest in gold- what is less riskier at this time?
Gold hasn't gone up, the dollars gone down- Why in the world would he then invest in something that is USD dollar denominated??? If it has gone down and will continue to sprial down? The Fed has devalued the USD by 35% since 2000 and 17% since 2008.
A lot of stock investors are afraid to invest in precious metals because it's a real tricky business. - Please elaborate Mr. Einstein.

Here's a post from another forum in the personal finance thread: "I think so as well, but everything I am holding is a negative and the only positive is gold."

Oh gee, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom