2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Red Sox ownership really traded Mookie Betts and David Price because they want Mbappe on Liverpool, who pretty much are already Premier League champs despite months left of matches to play. Cold world.

He has a high school sweetheart wife and kid. Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get closer to home after this year.

No one says no to $400M though.

What’s Betts gonna come out and say? I hate it it here? The fans suck? No, he’s gonna say all the right things and look like a good guy. We’re not gonna play dumb and act like Boston couldn’t afford him. He said after that incident with the fans he was hurt and it would have an impact on his decision. I don’t remember word for word but Boston would have kept him if he wanted to stay.

A guy from Boston putting me on ignore, I wish everyone from Boston would put me on ignore. **** the city and state it’s in.

Mookie is a liar then. Got it.

You can like it somewhere and still go and play elsewhere for more money. Not really a new phenomenon in sports.

That was literally my point. Bryce Harper said a lot of these same things, he left for more money. Mookie knew the Sox weren’t going to pay him and he’ll get to leave having said all the right things and with a large fan base that will now hate ownership and still support him.

That was literally my point. Bryce Harper said a lot of these same things, he left for more money. Mookie knew the Sox weren’t going to pay him and he’ll get to leave having said all the right things and with a large fan base that will now hate ownership and still support him.

He said he loves it here, which I forwarded to this thread and you called me naive for believing. Which in essence is you calling him (and Bryce?) dishonest. I get it.

I never said "Mookie would prefer to play in Boston." I merely responded to the claim that he hated it here and had a problem with the fans, which is B/S.

Last edited:
if Phillies dont pay JT ima be HIGHLY upset

we only like 3-5M away from his asking

PAY THE ******* MAN

I'm guessing he'll get extended.

yea i seen something bout a 1 year deal possibly then with Arrieta, bruce, didi and robertson coming off the books after 2020 that frees up 50M to go for the extension after

klentek does not wanna go over the luxury tax at all this season

It’s jokes that we are talking about the luxury tax - EVERY owner can pay that

To be clear: no one is excusing them for not eating the tax. It's only mentioned because that's THEIR motivation for not ponying up. I think every fan in here would agree that it's a lame reason for not paying a top guy when it's peanuts compared to the teams net worth.

To the teams YOY Revenue!!!! They made 516M last year!? These owners man smh
Because fans are still dumb enough to support teams and fill up stadiums.

If fans actually stopped attending games and shared their displeasure, I’m sure things could change

But owners just care about making money at the end of the day, winning is 2nd

Back
Top Bottom