2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Phillies are trying to be the Nationals and lose in the first round of the playoffs for eight years.
Yankees are gonna get outbid by the Angels. These leaks are power plays to get Moreno to pony up.

They’re gonna give Diaz another shot but they need three more relievers. They also need another starter. A CF, 3b, LF, C. Plenty of holes honestly.

Union executive Marvin Miller, catcher Ted Simmons elected to Baseball Hall of Fame

Marvin Miller, the union leader who revolutionized baseball by empowering players to negotiate multimillion-dollar contracts and to play for teams of their own choosing, was elected to baseball's Hall of Fame on Sunday along with former St. Louis Cardinals catcher Ted Simmons.

After falling short in his first seven times on veterans committee ballots, Miller received 12 of 16 votes from this year's 16-man modern committee, exactly the 75% required. Simmons was on 13 ballots, and former Boston outfielder Dwight Evans was third with eight.

Simmons, an eight-time All-Star during a 21-year big league career, was a switch-hitter who batted .285 with 248 homers and 1,389 RBIs for St. Louis (1968-80), Milwaukee (1981-85) and Atlanta (1986-88).

Despite his accomplishments, Simmons was up for election by voters from the BBWAA just once. He drew only 3.7% support in 1994 and was removed from future BBWAA ballots.

Miller and Simmons will be inducted during ceremonies in Cooperstown, New York, on July 26, along with any players chosen next month by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

Cole is going to get close to 300M if not the full 300.

Rendon is out in Washington.

I never thought he was leaving but I didn't expect that type of money either. Feel like he's a little old and won't be solid in 3-4 years.

So Rendon is gone now cause WAS isn't paying both, right?

I never thought he was leaving but I didn't expect that type of money either. Feel like he's a little old and won't be solid in 3-4 years.

Ownership said they're not paying both.

Happy for Stras. All the hype. All the people turning on him early in his career. Wins a ring and gets paid :pimp:

That’s a safe assumption. They could afford him if they want to, but doesn’t look like they do.

$80 mil deferred for Stras. Probably gives them flexibility for Rendon

What's with the Nats and these deferred deals :lol:

Good for Strasburg.

I hope Rendon leaves the NL East. This division is too tough.

#LGM

Back
Top Bottom