2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Houston Asterisks for real now with them losing in the WS in 2019 & 2021 because they weren't able to maintain their illegal tactics from their 2017 title run. 😆

I bet the Astros still wish they had that hidden camera in the Minute Maid Park center field in conjunction with trash can bangs to relay pitches to anticipate during their WS runs in 2019 & 2021. 🙄
We get it dude. But yet the Astros are still are in World Series contention every year. I think you under estimate how hard it is to do that.

either way congrats to the Braves. They def deserved this title. Me trying to reverse jinx the Astros didn’t work this time.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We get it dude. But yet the Astros are still are in World Series contention every year. I think you under estimate how hard it is to do that.

either way congrats to the Braves. They def deserved this title. Me trying to reverse jinx the Astros didn’t work this time.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fairness, the Astros have been a talented team since their rebuild with them being able to stay atop their division and contend in the WS consistently. But it's just sad and sickening that they had to resort to extreme tactics to win a title that got them understandably vilified.

Houston Asterisks for real now with them losing in the WS in 2019 & 2021 because they weren't able to maintain their illegal tactics from their 2017 title run. 😆

I bet the Astros still wish they had that hidden camera in the Minute Maid Park center field in conjunction with trash can bangs to relay pitches to anticipate during their WS runs in 2019 & 2021. 🙄
EB85BC53-9505-4909-A4BA-8EA4675646D0.gif

In fairness, the Astros have been a talented team since their rebuild with them being able to stay atop their division and contend in the WS consistently. But it's just sad and sickening that they had to resort to extreme tactics to win a title that got them understandably vilified.
Only reason Astros were doing it was to keep up with everyone else. They just went further and got caught. But don’t make it about this tonight. Let the Braves have their night. They can complain about trash cans next week.

So many memorable postseason moments, can't believe everything the guys did.

Joc Pederson getting hot and giving everyone else confidence.

Eddie Rosario putting on his cape and balling out.

Riley hitting walk offs.

Morton pitching on a broken leg.

Freeman hitting the go ahead homer in the NLDS. Was at that one.

Soler hitting absolute bombs.

Ian Anderson pitching a no hitter through 5 at age 23.

Craziest one for me personally:

Luke Jackson comes in during the clincher in the NLCS. Immediately surrenders runners to second and third. Matzek comes in and absolutely ******* deals. Was screaming at the TV in my apartment. :lol:

biggest loss was brent strom retiring tbh. best pitching coach in the game, i fully expect this to impact us a lot

Yep. Astros and Dodgers wanted this so bad to validate their titles, and the Braves said NOOOOOPE.

Congrats Atlanta fans. You deserve this.

Congrats Braves fans. Hope y'all party like it's 1995.

Tough break Stros fans, but I'm sure they'll be contending again next year.

Last edited:
Salute to Terrance Gore too for getting that World Series roster bag. The threat of speed is a skill for real. Fam hasn't had an actual plate appearance since 2019 but getting that roster money and now his 3rd ring :smokin

Back
Top Bottom