2009 NBA Prospect to Pros Comparison Thread. blake = ? harden = ? thabeet = ?

A thread to see who current prospects remind NTers of.

Let's just stop all the bs and arguing right here and be very clear that these are comparisons of size, body type, skillset, style of play. not aproclamations of the type of career said prospect might have. so for example if some compares a prospect to kareem that doesnt mean they will have the samecareer. if some 'cant miss' prospect isnt compared to a superstar dont %**% your pants.

on to my list.

all nba players are assumed to be in their prime unless otherwise stated.

blake griffin - antonio mcdyess (pre injury)

hasheem thabeet - dikembe mutumbo

james harden - john salmons

jordan hill - amare stoudamire

jonny flynn - chris paul

gerald henderson - derek anderson

earl clark - jeff green

jeff teague - jason terry

steph curry - mike bibby

sam young - michael finley

tyreke evans - joe johnson

evan turner - brandon roy

erick maynor - jamal crawford

cole aldrich - tim duncan

ty lawson - earl watson

tyler hansbrough - nick collison

darren collison - mario chalmers

add your own.

Someone said this earlier..

James Harden = Paul Pierce

Aldirch/Duncan though?

I dunno if I agree with any of these, Blake Griffin is like a Dice/Amare lite type.

Thabeet's comparison is cool.

Hill compared to Amare though is a no go, I won't stoneface you but yeah, just no.

Aldridge to Timmay?? Ughhh

Flynn to CP3, again, just no.

This draft is going to be full of ROLE PLAYERS. So I shouldn't see names like JJ and Roy and Amare and CP3,Timmy

Thomas won't be leaving this year obviously, but I think Isaiah Thomas= Damon Stoudamire

Let's just stop all the bs and arguing right here and be very clear that these are comparisons of size, body type, skillset, style of play. not a proclamations of the type of career said prospect might have. so for example if some compares a prospect to kareem that doesnt mean they will have the same career. if some 'cant miss' prospect isnt compared to a superstar dont %**% your pants.

and it starts on the second post.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Let's just stop all the bs and arguing right here and be very clear that these are comparisons of size, body type, skillset, style of play. not a proclamations of the type of career said prospect might have. so for example if some compares a prospect to kareem that doesnt mean they will have the same career. if some 'cant miss' prospect isnt compared to a superstar dont %**% your pants.

eyes.gif
I mean then what's the point of bringing the comparison then. It's sort of hard to disassociate the NBA player's accomplishments andcareer with their skill sets.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Thabeet = hibbert
other than both being 7'2 +. Comparisons stop there. Roy's far better offensively and Thabeet is better on D and way more athletic.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

eyes.gif
I mean then what's the point of bringing the comparison then. It's sort of hard to disassociate the NBA player's accomplishments and career with their skill sets.

because wayne simien didn have an outstanding skillset for a big man? because reece gaines didnt have all kinds of tools to be successful? because everyonedidnt think stromile swift would beast all over the L when he was drafted?

a skillset is a skillset and it doesnt guarantee success.

Blake Griffin - Antonio McDyess (before the knee injury)

Hasheem Thabeet - Sam Dalembert

Greg Monroe - Pau Gasol

James Harden - Brandon Roy meets Paul Pierce

Jordan Hill - Chris Wilcox

Earl Clark - Boris Diaw

Gerald Henderson - Mickael Pietrus

Jeff Teague - Gilbert Arenas

Tyreke Evans - Larry Hughes

Stephen Curry - Delonte West

Dejuan Blair - Paul Millsap (minus the jump shot)

Eric Maynor - Kirk Hinrich

Demar DeRozan - Ronnie Brewer

Darren Collison - Lindsay Hunter

eyes.gif
I mean then what's the point of bringing the comparison then. It's sort of hard to disassociate the NBA player's accomplishments and career with their skill sets.

because wayne simien didn have an outstanding skillset for a big man? because reece gaines didnt have all kinds of tools to be successful? because everyone didnt think stromile swift would beast all over the L when he was drafted?

My point is why not compare the prospect to the pro player you think he'll most likely resemble career wise. You're leaving too many openends by saying prospect A has the same skill set as pro prospect A

Did Shawne Williams have the all around game that Earl Clark has? I didn't watch Williams much while he was at Memphis.

I see the point of your post. But I agree with LBV that it's hard to disassociate a player's career...

Anyway,

Blair = Brand

Fresh = Durant

edit:
My bad. Manny is more like Crawford. But I really think his all-around game is evolving beyond Jamal's.

eyes.gif

because wayne simien didn have an outstanding skillset for a big man? because reece gaines didnt have all kinds of tools to be successful? because everyone didnt think stromile swift would beast all over the L when he was drafted?

My point is why not compare the prospect to the pro player you think he'll most likely resemble career wise. You're leaving too many open ends by saying prospect A has the same skill set as pro prospect A

i dont even know what you're talking about anymore
laugh.gif

Open ends? according to who? you? the NT pro to prospect intruction booklet? what will happen if these 'ends' are left open? WHAT WILL HAPPEN??!!
laugh.gif

Clutch, this is what I mean.

Why not just compare the college prospect to the pro prospect you think he will resemble most. That's all.

I was trying to say it becomes confusing and open ended when you say Aldridge- Timmy.

steph curry = bibby?
alien.gif

curry reminds me of monta ellis without the hops

whoever said thabeet=hibbert
alien.gif

I'm not gonna go through all of them but Griffin = young shawn kemp

Derozan? I can't really tell since he's just now coming into his own this late in the season.

Back
Top Bottom