2009 FIFA Confederations Cup draw announced yesterday

http://www.latimes.com/sp...2008nov23,0,1263737.story

June 14-28 2009 in South Africa. Continental Champions (Spain, NZ, Iraq, Egypt, US, Brazil) + WC Champ (Italy) + Host (South Africa).

Group A
Spain
South Africa
Iraq
New Zealand

Group B
Brazil
Italy
Egypt
USA

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
@ group A. Spain is going to get 9 points and finish with a +18 goal differential.

Group B is going to be fun, I hope to catch every game.

that group a isn't fair by a long shot. torres alone will have more goals than the other three countries combined together.

I GOT $20 ON THE US

You read correct.

Place your bets...

I see us and Brazil advancing, along w/ Spain and New Zealand.

2-0 over New Zealand and 1-0 in a rematch w/ Spain.

Jozy will score in the 88th minute, beating Sergio Ramos to the ball then chipping the keeper....

$20 on the US? Yeah, maybe if they play their best team and Brazil, Italy and Egypt all play their U-8 team.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

$20 on the US? Yeah, maybe if they play their best team and Brazil, Italy and Egypt all play their U-8 team.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hay guise, Beckham isn't on the US National team.
tongue.gif

Wow thats lopsided. Spain and South Africa in group A, Italy and Brazil in group B.

I really hate when Italy and the US are grouped together (as in WC '06), because as much as I want to root for the US I just cant when they face offagainst the azzurri because i follow the serie a religiously and I practically know nothing about the MLS/US National team outside of guys like Donovan,Dempsey, Altidore, and Tim Howard
I guess I'm going to have to hope that Brazil looses to Italy and the US can somehow get a draw against Brazil

Why would you pick the worst team in the group to advance

I'm picking Spain and Iraq (unless Iraqi national team players run away from the team so they don't have to go back to iraq
laugh.gif
)

And I'm not gunna go with any wild outrageous pick for group b. It would be crazy if Spain and Brazil don't advance.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Jozy will score in the 88th minute, beating Sergio Ramos to the ball then chipping the keeper....
who the hell calls something like this
roll.gif

It's like someone randomly saying "Wade is gunna drop 36, 8, and 10 with 2 steals and crossover ray allen and win it with a 3"

There's no point in calling something that specific
laugh.gif

Spain won't really be trying. It's kinda of a pointless cup. They will probably finish first in the group, but I don't think they'll dominate.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif

That's wasn't funny at all.

Maybe not, but I thought that's was funny.

Hard group for the USA, but I think we have a chance. The azzuri are not exactly playing there best at the moment and neither in Brazil. Hopefully Bradleyfields a decent team this time not like the group he took to Copa America
eyes.gif

NOTE TO BRADLEY: ALTIDORE, ALTIDORE, ALTIDORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is there to note? Altidore is a permanent fixture on the senior squad now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope so, the dude is a beast!!!!!!!!

Btw long time no talk Ricardo, how you been???

QUOTE:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so long concacaf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO te enojes guey no mas porque Mexico no classifico
tongue.gif

USA vs. Egypt will be a must win for both sides, a draw and both are likely to be eliminated. That being said, I can see that match ending 1-1
laugh.gif

Italy seems back on track with Marcello Lippi in charge. Since I've started watching soccer (1994), I've never seen Italy look as dominant and scary asthey did under Lippi. Unlike other Italian NT coaches, this man knows how to keep his squad focused even against weaker teams. I hope that Italy has to playBrazil in the 1st or 2nd matchday. It'll be no fun if the 3rd match day is composed of a meaningless Brazil/Italy and Egypt/USA matches where the formerhave already advanced while the latter have been eliminated.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

QUOTE:

so long concacaf

NO te enojes guey no mas porque Mexico no classifico
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
not at all. ANY concacaf squad in that draw would be killed

lets not even mention el tri after getting that $%$ beat by honduras of all countries
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom