1999 AJ V(5) 12 years unworn?

i got a pair of 1999 air jordan V's  that have never been worn since 1999 are there any steps i should take before i wear them so they dont crack the first time i step on them?

whoa can you post pics? Sorry i don't have any suggestions for you but i've never had to deal with that problem. i am interested to see what a pair of DS kicks from about 13 years ago look like tho

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

i got a pair of 1999 air jordan V's  that have never been worn since 1999 are there any steps i should take before i wear them so they dont crack the first time i step on them?

You should be fine homey....all of my pairs from the late 90's are holding up very nicely...

Just bought these on ebay 275 :smile: (will post my own picture when i get them) so these should be fine to wear? also should i just rub retro brite on the side mesh?

sweet glad to know and just wondering how much would i be able to resell these for? i thought these would be worth more than 275?

Just bought these on ebay 275 :smile: (will post my own picture when i get them) so these should be fine to wear? also should i just rub retro brite on the side mesh?

I've heard about something called Barkeepers Friend that works on the mesh. I've never tried it tho.

I wouldn't attempt to do it. I'm probably mistaken on the number of J's, but from 3 to 8, those midsoles are most prone to cracking.

Air bubble is clouded, can't remember if that's a good or bad thing
laugh.gif
(my guess is bad). Press on the midsole to see if your finger/nail make an indentation too.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I wouldn't attempt to do it. I'm probably mistaken on the number of J's, but from 3 to 8, those midsoles are most prone to cracking.

laugh.gif
(my guess is bad). Press on the midsole to see if your finger/nail make an indentation too.

I wont get them till monday but my air max 90s air bubbles are worse looking than that and those are from 2005 . Crap i hope i can wear them or thats 275 down the drain...

laugh.gif

I wont get them till monday but my air max 90s air bubbles are worse looking than that and those are from 2005 . Crap i hope i can wear them or thats 275 down the drain...

If I were you, I would of confirmed wearability before I bought them.
If not, guess you can have them as a collector item?

Are the midsoles firm? Foggy air bubble doesn't necessarily mean they're not wearable. As long as the midsoles aren't soft/spongy you should be good to go. Wear them and if they start to crumble, just put them on display or something.

No seller in his right mind would guarantee wearability of a DS pair of shoes that's more than 5 years old. "Wear at your own risk."

Good luck fam.

^ I'm pretty sure the Fire Red 5's are coming out next year.

Let's hope its Fire Red and not Varsity Red.

laugh.gif

looks like an old display pair with the one sided yellowing

de-fog the air bubbles to re-inflate the midsole
keep the bubbles clear while you break them in, de-fogging repeatedly if needed

wear around the house and for a limited time for at least the first 5 wears

Personally, if it was me and I just dropped 275 on them...I wouldn't risk it. You can take precautions like some listed in here but those midsoles are prone to cracking/crumbling and after 12 years of not being worn, the risk would be too high for me. If they're wearable then great, but if they're not...that's money down the drain.

I still wear my 99 AJ V Fire Reds. No problems. I wouldn't play ball in them though.

yeah just broke mine out and wore them like 10 times these and metallic, both foggy bubbles with no problems whatsoever, and I weigh 245LBS!!!!

just cop da CDPs..they were actually made pretty well contrary to popular belief...

Like RetroSneaks26 said, they are likely safe to wear, but avoid the basketball court at all costs.

I just wore my Laneys today so you should be good. Vs from 2000 rarely crack for some odd reason

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

Like RetroSneaks26 said, they are likely safe to wear, but avoid the basketball court at all costs.

lol  yeah i would never play basketball on Air jordans . i got crappy team jordans or addidas for that

laugh.gif

Bad thing. Fatal thing......not necessarily, but odds are they ARE on the way out.

If the air bubbles aren't too cloudy they should be good. I have many pairs from 99/00 which I still wear time to time.

Back
Top Bottom