🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

saw this on twitter :rofl:
EF04FB7C-CA08-4098-A08C-4BA67E7DF226.jpeg

Ran it back because one of the homies told me I was hating on it hard.

Drake is rapping as well as he ever has. Rap is what he does best and he doesn't rap enough on his albums IMO.
The writing on the rnb songs is decent but the quality has gone down a ton since he lost the Weeknd and PND influence.
A break from 40 and whoever his usual team is may be in order. I'd love to hear what he could do away from his comfort zone.
Cant blame him for having a formula to print money and sticking to it.
He’s one of the greatest rappers of our time but he doesn’t make rap albums so I can’t compare him to his peers. Him singing is Giannis shooting 3s.

8 keepers out of 21 tracks. 38%. 4/10 seems harsh so I’ll go 5/10.

I’m trying to give some songs a few more plays. N 2 Deep is my favorite I’ve liked so far I think.

I really wish Pat got a full verse on Knife Talk. So much wasted space towards the end of the track that he could’ve skated on. :smh:

Also, if I never hear Ty Dolla again I wouldn’t be upset.

Ran it back because one of the homies told me I was hating on it hard.

Drake is rapping as well as he ever has. Rap is what he does best and he doesn't rap enough on his albums IMO.
The writing on the rnb songs is decent but the quality has gone down a ton since he lost the Weeknd and PND influence.
A break from 40 and whoever his usual team is may be in order. I'd love to hear what he could do away from his comfort zone.
Cant blame him for having a formula to print money and sticking to it.
He’s one of the greatest rappers of our time but he doesn’t make rap albums so I can’t compare him to his peers. Him singing is Giannis shooting 3s.

8 keepers out of 21 tracks. 38%. 4/10 seems harsh so I’ll go 5/10.
Def isn’t one of the greatest rappers of our time

need yebbas heartbreak 2 minutes longer with drake barz. has that drizzy vibe.

I've said this about him for a while now but if u really listen Drake pretty much only raps about his insecurities in one way shape or form. He's great at it and it's what makes him unique. I dig many of the rb and knockoff dance hall songs he does but as a rapper he's extremely limited not only subject wise but the flow as well. Idk if it's lack of growth and creativity or if he just simply sticks with what he knows he's good at.
Needs new ghostwriters

Finally got the full drive in with this and man this album is perfection for me. Mixed so much better than Scorpion which ruined that album for me. Over abundance of bass and the high end felt muted.

I can understand people have classic Drake sound fatigue but this album is the one for me. It’s such a smooth continuous vibe I can’t get enough.

And thank you for releasing this with a little bit of summer left.

I couldn’t put my finger on why I don’t spend much time with drake albums beyond a couple of days but it’s likely the rinse and repeat approach he takes with his music. It’s like he cracked the code with So Far Gone and he’s been giving us modified versions of it ever since with a riddim here and throwback rapper flow there.

my thoughts.

I think this is a super fun album. A lot of the beats are cute

7am is my #1 atm. I kept finding myself shimmy around to it lol

almost broke my neck turning to the speakers when N 2 Deep / Get Throwed came on. Ended up just playing Get Throwed on repeat lol

Knife Talk mannnnnnnnn. I love 21 savage so much

there’s some other songs I like too but those my top 3 on here

If we must compare it to donda though, donda blew this out the water. I put both albums in the same playlist CDB Certified Donda Boy and the donda segments just hit way harder for me.

Still though. Clb is neat

Back
Top Bottom