🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I thought More Life was cool....but this Drake fatigue seems kinda real :nerd:.

It's probably got a lot with him not dropping visuals or anything. But it's weird for Drake to drop a huge project....and not see him charting high on the billboard....Only a few months after the album dropped. Or not getting played in social settings like that.
Really? "More Life" pretty much been in the top 5/10 since March (recently drop to top 20) on top of that, "Views" still been top 30. I agree, him not dropping videos doesn't help though.

Really? "More Life" pretty much been in the top 5/10 since March (recently drop to top 20) on top of that, "Views" still been top 30. I agree, him not dropping videos doesn't help though.

It's pretty obvious his music isn't really connecting like it was before the exposure of ghostwriting.

Hard to put a finger on what's actually happening. He really couldn't lose up until the beef.

That's not true seeing as to how views was such a big hit.

Y'all forgetting the roll out of this project was basically nothing. As much as ppl want to call it an album (which is cool) you can't deny the effort of rollouts and promotion wasn't there on this album.

Just wait till the next album. All it will be is "damn how long is his run gonna be"

"He did it again"

I mean singles. I don't think Drake has a single in the top 40 right now. That's weird.

Passion Fruit - #80 song on the charts
Signs - #98 song on the charts

Usually, Drake would have a record in the top 25 right now off his album. I def feel some fatigue setting in.

Lol like he didnt have the biggest album and single in the world last year.

THIS.. plus with More Life he did this all in one year.

It stems from him not having a rap single out. Last one was 0-100 which was 3 years ago, he's really been on a dancehall wave ever since Hotline. Perception is everything. He's still the most streamed in artist in music so saying he isn't connecting anymore isn't the case.

As said "perception is everything"

This biggest and only L I'll give drake for this year is allowing himself to be bested by Kendrick in sales. That was an L, and the reason why i say its an L is he could've prevented it 100%

As said "perception is everything"

This biggest and only L I'll give drake for this year is allowing himself to be bested by Kendrick in sales. That was an L, and the reason why i say its an L is he could've prevented it 100%
He should have dropped it thursday night. I think interscope is inflating those streams tho.

You right he shoulda dropped it then, because apparently he missed out on two days of streams for the first week.

And then there's no physicals lol

Yeah I don't think he anticipated Kendrick dropping at all.

Hopefully this is a lesson, son need to be a little bit more "calculated"

Nah, he, nor we could account for what KDOT is doing! Normally, Drake still would be selling more, K.Dot just put out a GREAT PROJECT that everyone continue to buy/stream! Has nothing to do with Drake! Drake should of release hard copies, videos and should of had a full week of sales.
However, that has nothing to do with everyone buying and loving K.Dot sales. The top selling albums as of June 30th was. K.Dot 1.7 million and Drake had 1.6 million. They still basically selling the same though.

He wasn't marketing it as an album to begin with so it was never going to get that treatment. The only pre-release album single was a loosie from half a year prior.

Id appreciate more rap tracks from him.

The next one won't be an album either. He'll call it a soundtrack or some ****....

So when we're having this same discussion about it...you can all use the "it wasn't an album" excuse.

Im tryna catch that fade u got me banned bra

The next one won't be an album either. He'll call it a soundtrack or some ****....

So when we're having this same discussion about it...you can all use the "it wasn't an album" excuse.
Come get yo fade, today I got time cuz.
And NO it wasn't an album, stop saying that.... we paid the same amount of money for a.... playlist. Kendrick album barely outsold drake "playlist". Wait for the collection to drop next year.

We'll see around award season time if ML gets categorized as an album...I'm sure it will, but I'll truly believe the 'playlist' shtick if it's exepmt from any awards

We'll see around award season time if ML gets categorized as an album...I'm sure it will, but I'll truly believe the 'playlist' shtick if it's exepmt from any awards

It won't win anything but it'll be absolutely categorized as an album during awards season. The label will submit it as an album and it'll be nominated as such.

As you saw with If You're reading this, what a time, and now ML, no matter what Drake does to try and circumvent the "Album" name, he'll never be successful doing it because CM/YM/Universal won't ever let Drake put out a free project again. So essentially they're all albums to me, and they're all really good bodies of work personally. I still jam to ML life.

Regardless, we saw the rollout with Views and it was drastically different and bigger than ML. I do think some drake fatigue has set in, but we'll know for sure if it has once the next album comes.

Back
Top Bottom